5 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Bleeding and cramping at 5wks 5days

Hi everyone, so I'm 5 wks 5days today and I just started cramping and bleeding. The bleeding isn't enough to use a pad, but enough to use a panty liner. The cramps aren't as bad as if I were going to start my period, but enough to get me worried. I called the advice nurse, and she had said that if the cramps got really bad and the bleeding was heavy then to worry. I just wanna know that I'm not the only one that is/going through this. Really worried since this is my first pregnancy.. Please any help will put my mind at ease! :(

Thank you! 

Re: Bleeding and cramping at 5wks 5days

• Options
    Ended up going to the hospital tonight and they did an vaginal US and normal one, didn't find anything to show pregnancy. They also did blood work to count my HCG levels. The doc said the numbers weren't coming up. So now I get to wait two days then go back and get another blood test done and hope and pray that my HCG levels have doubled and show pregnancy! :( I'm scared that im having an Ectopic pregnancy! The doc said it could be that or my pregnancy isn't far enough to see anything yet.. So here's hoping I can stop worrying and calm down. Rest, drink fluids and hope that everything turns out okay. Anyone out there thought they might have this type of pregnancy and it turned out okay? :(
  • Options
    I have yet to have bleeding but I do have some cramping. I think you will be ok : just be sure to rest a lot and keep eating right! That's really all you can do you know? But even maybe some easy exercising might help? Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetheone4nate:
    Ended up going to the hospital tonight and they did an vaginal US and normal one, didn't find anything to show pregnancy. They also did blood work to count my HCG levels. The doc said the numbers weren't coming up. So now I get to wait two days then go back and get another blood test done and hope and pray that my HCG levels have doubled and show pregnancy! :( I'm scared that im having an Ectopic pregnancy! The doc said it could be that or my pregnancy isn't far enough to see anything yet.. So here's hoping I can stop worrying and calm down. Rest, drink fluids and hope that everything turns out okay. Anyone out there thought they might have this type of pregnancy and it turned out okay? :(
    So I got a call from the doc yesterday and she confirmed that im going through a miscarriage right now. I'm deeply saddened by this news. This would of been my first baby, so my fianc? and I were SO happy, excited and ecstatic! I truly believe that women have miscarriages because there was either something wrong with the baby or something would of happened to the mother. I'm just trying to stay positive about this. We're still going to try again of course, just might take some time. I pray and hope that it'll all work out in the end. I know we will have our own baby one day, this just isn't our time..... Yet. Thank you for the kind words.
  • Options

I had a similar experience...got a positive pregnancy test at 5 weeks, and then about 4 days later had cramping and bleeding  that got worse over 3 days. I went to the doctor, HCG levels were low and could not see anything on ultrasound. Ended up having a miscarriage at 6 weeks. It was devastating, as this would have been my husbands and mine first child. We took a couple months off from trying at the advice of my ob/gyn, and now I am pregnant again, complete with symptoms, and I'm almost 6 weeks and things seem to be going better now (the pregnancy test didn't even take one minute to come up positive:) Keep your chin up and remember that everything happens for a reason !

• Options

This is so much more common than anyone talks about.  I had a very similar experience in March of 2011, then again in December of the same year.  Now, I'm pregnant again (5.5 weeks) and things are looking so much better this time.  My doctors were worried that I wasn't producing enough progesterone to sustain a fetus until the placenta was ready to take over, but all of the test results this time around show that this isn't the case.  I just had two very abnormal pregnancies that terminated on their own because they were abnormal.  The more I talk to doctors and other women, the more I find that it's actually very common for a woman to have two miscarriages in a year and then go on to have many happy and healthy pregnancies after that.  It's just that no one talks about miscarriage until it happens to you, which is a shame, because the feelings of inadequacy are hard to quell and it would be so helpful if women would just talk to each other about things like this.  As for you, you're doing the right thing.  Keeping that positive outlook is important.  Remember that there was nothing you could have done to prevent or cause this.  Sometimes, it just happens.  And, when the time is right and your body is ready, you'll get pregnant again and everything will work out just fine.  And you'll get the added bonus of knowing just how precious it is.

• Options
    aww honey i'm so sorry to read this. This happened to me my last pregnancy and resulted with a miscarriage. There are no words to describe how upsetting this is. My thoughts are with you. 
  • Options

I just wanted to respond to your e mail about bleeding and cramping for 5 weeks pregnant. I also am 5 weeks pregnant and have had bad cramps, but no bleeding my doctor told me its completely normal and the sign of a healthy pregnancy as long as the cramps arent to severe and there is no bleeding. She also told me cramping could be the sign of a tubial pregnancy but rare and suggested i got to the emergency room to make sure and have a vaginal ultra sound done to check. So I went to the emergency room and they did the test and said I am absolutely fine and my pregnancy is completely normal.  The doctor there told me its the number one compalint from new moms is cramping. So don't worry but you should go to your doctor and get an ultra sound and it will put your mind at ease. Congrats on becoming a new mother! best of luck!Smile

• Options

imagetheone4nate:
    imagetheone4nate:
    So I got a call from the doc yesterday and she confirmed that im going through a miscarriage right now. I'm deeply saddened by this news. This would of been my first baby, so my fianc? and I were SO happy, excited and ecstatic! I truly believe that women have miscarriages because there was either something wrong with the baby or something would of happened to the mother. I'm just trying to stay positive about this. We're still going to try again of course, just might take some time. I pray and hope that it'll all work out in the end. I know we will have our own baby one day, this just isn't our time..... Yet. Thank you for the kind words.

I am so very sorry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"