April 2011 Moms
Options

Potty Training - PIP

Potty training is going great.  Currently we are going very slow, putting her in panties every morning, diaper for nap, and panties again until bedtime.

She is doing very good, only has one or two accidents a day.  She still usually needs us to put her on the potty every hour or so, although she does occasionally go to the potty herself.

We are nowhere near wearing panties all the time, but I am so happy at having to change fewer diapers (in fact I haven't changed a poo diaper in almost a week!).

We cheer, dance, sing, pretty much go crazy every time she does it right now and she gets an M&M for pee and two for poo.  But I think she is more excited about us going crazy than the M&M's.

Had to share a picture of her on the potty because I still can't believe she's a little girl and not a baby.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Potty Training - PIP

• Options
    Are you using a potty training book? If so, what one? I feel like we will never be out of diapers...
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagemhaas28:
    Are you using a potty training book? If so, what one? I feel like we will never be out of diapers...

We aren't using a book.  Although I did read up on the 3-day potty training method before starting.  What we are doing could be describe as loosely based on that.

As soon as she gets up she's put on the potty (she has yet to go at this time).  After that we put her on the potty about every hour.  She sits there for a few minutes each time (if she hasn't gone in over 2 hours we move it up to every 30 minutes or so).  When she goes it's a party, lots of dancing and singing and she gets M&M treat.

Oh, if she pees on her little potty instead of the big one she loves taking it (assisted of course) and dumping it in the toilet.  

If she has an accident she immediately gets put on the potty and we repeat that this is where we go potty.  And then she helps us clean up any mess that was made.

It's slow but it's working for us.  When I am done with Jury Duty (3 weeks of not knowing if I have to go in the next day...hell).  I think I'm going to do a little more hardcore, giving her lot's of beverages and putting her on the potty all the time, we'll see how that goes.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are proud now it's even a better feeling when she is completely PT. With DD1 I was telling everyone and relieved I wouldn't have to change diapers or clean up accidents again.  Yay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh my goodness she is so cute!  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"