Georgia Babies

Wellstar OB ??

I am wanting to change OB offices and I am looking at switching to Wellstar Kennestone OB/GYN on Cobb Parkway. Does anyone have any thoughts about this office? Good, bad, other.. I want to know what you think! =] Thank you!!
Pregnancy TickerBabyFruit TickerBEA_24_zpsc7fb70eeAnniversary

Re: Wellstar OB ??

• I'm actually working on leaving the practice.  I haven't been happy with them since I started there.  I've been consistently rushed out of appointments without enough time to ask questions.  I have had to remind staff about testing that I was supposed to have.  I want to be a patient who is looked after, not just another number.  They even said that they are a very large and busy practice, which is fine, but that doesn't make them the right fit for me.  I'm pregnant for the first time, and it was a really really long road to get here.  This is routine for them, but not for me.   I will be switching over to OBGYN Associates.  One of my close friends is with them, and has been nothing but thrilled with their care.  She did mention, that you do wait a bit while you are there for appointments.  The staff was very helpful when I called there to ask about transferring over.  They asked me if I wanted to do a phone consult to save some time, which was nice.  I spoke with midwife Michelle, who was great and made me feel very comfortable.  I'm ok with spending a bit more time to get seen, if my care and comfort level are increased.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely good to know that it's a long wait! I am 27 weeks with my first and not too comfortable with delivering at Cartersville. I am leaning more towards Kennestone because its easier for me to get there than anywhere else. =]
  • Loading the player...
  • As PP said, OBGYN associates us fantastic! I see Michelle,one of the midwives and love her although when youre pregnant, they encourage you see all the midwives and drs in the practice. You aren't just another number there.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Where is this OBGYN associates located? What's the full name of the practice?
  • The full name is OBGYN Associates. It's located inside Kennestone hospital.

https://www.obgynassociatesmarietta.com/
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I see Dr Pitcher in Marietta office is right across from Kennestone. Other Drs here are Shin, Cauthen, and Street. It's an all female practice and no midwives if that matters to you. I've seen every doctor here, but I loved that my Dr made every attempt to deliver her own patients. Just an extra level of dedication that I appreciated.

• imageslwprincess:
    I see Dr Pitcher in Marietta office is right across from Kennestone. Other Drs here are Shin, Cauthen, and Street. It's an all female practice and no midwives if that matters to you. I've seen every doctor here, but I loved that my Dr made every attempt to deliver her own patients. Just an extra level of dedication that I appreciated.

I see Dr. Robbins at the same practice!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageShaunaSmith79:
    imageslwprincess:
    I see Dr Pitcher in Marietta office is right across from Kennestone. Other Drs here are Shin, Cauthen, and Street. It's an all female practice and no midwives if that matters to you. I've seen every doctor here, but I loved that my Dr made every attempt to deliver her own patients. Just an extra level of dedication that I appreciated.

How could I forget her!  She assisted in delivering my daughter!  I love them all so much- I honestly felt just as comfortable with each of the other doctors as I did with Dr. Pitcher.  Dr. Cauthen actually drove me to the hospital herself with my son when she detected a low heartrate at a routine visit- I ended up with an emergency c/s that night as he had ingested meconium and was in distress.  They just don't take chances here and for that I am so grateful. 

• imageslwprincess:

I love that practice.  Dr. Shin was my OB with both of my boys.  Unless she is out of town, she will be the one delivering your baby.  I never even had to see any other drs there.  Always saw her, same nurse, and she delivered (with both).  I would not have minded if I ended up having another dr deliver, but it was really nice that it was her.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I have been with Kennestone OBGYN for years including my whole pregnancy with DD and delivery as well as difficulties TTC #2.  I like all the doctors in the practice.  I usually see Dr. Sutherland, who I highly recommend, but I also see Dr. Phillips and Dr. McLendon delivered DD.  They also have several midwives if you prefer midwives.  It is a busy practice and I can see how someone may feel rushed but I have not experience this.  I highly recommend them.  
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageShaunaSmith79:
    imageslwprincess:

I see Dr. Cauthen! Love it there - have never had problems. Have had a miscarriage in the past & am 30wks with our first. It is a bit of a drive from Hiram but so worth it!

• I see Dr. Cauthen too! LOOOVE her! She did a beautiful job delivering my daughter via c-section 6 years ago and I'm so excited have her again for baby #2 due in october! 
    DD1
    photo IMG_1287jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"