December 2010 Moms

Nate qualified for speech services!

Nate qualified for EI speech services!  Whoo-hoo!  If you kiddo is getting serviced for speech (or anything else) through EI, have you seen a big improvement?  I'm excited for my little guy and for us - we will be told what to do to help him instead of searching the internet and guessing. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Nate qualified for speech services!

• I'm sorry, I have no info for you, but just wanted to say Congrats! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • That's great!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Loading the player...
  • That's great - GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• that's great - GL!

• yay! It's helped my LO a lot. He originally qualified for once a week therapy and after 2 sessions she was already getting him to say a few things that I hadn't heard him say. (This was at 19/20 months) It was also helpful to hear their suggestions as to what to do to help him daily. He just had his 6 month reevaluation and they cut his services down to 1 or 2 sessions a month because of how much he's caught up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Nicholas has his first session tomorrow (he is scheduled for once a week)- I am sooo looking forward to understanding him better- it is frustrating for both of us.  Although I am worried about how John will react- he kept trying to play when they did the eval that I had to keep redirecting him. 
  • yay:) That's super!
    <3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • We just qualified last month and his first session is on Wednesday.  He will have every other week services.  I too am excited to have someone give us things to work on.  Good Luck!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's great news!  Let us know how the sessions go.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Yay!  I know this is a great opportunity for Nate!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepitterpatter129:

Nate qualified for EI speech services!  Whoo-hoo!  If you kiddo is getting serviced for speech (or anything else) through EI, have you seen a big improvement?  I'm excited for my little guy and for us - we will be told what to do to help him instead of searching the internet and guessing. :)

YES! We've seen a huge change - granted he started last May, but yes, huge changes. We started with one speech teacher that really wasn't doing it - she wasn't forceful enough, she let him run the show, she was way too laid back and B took advantage of it. We ended up switching in October and LOVE his new teacher.

He gets speech 3 x a week and also special ed 4 times. He does way more talking at daycare and with EI/Sped at home though

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• That's really great! I hope it helps.
  • We just started as well two weeks ago.  We have a therapist come out once/week and we have an appt next week with an ENT to check his hearing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"