Military Families

New here and a couple questions...

I'm new to the military lifestyle so I don't really know what to expect. DH is currently in Korea but we will be PCSing to Aviano at the end of May/beginning of June. I'm just wondering if anyone has been there and could tell me what to expect once we get there. DD will be about 7mo then so any advise for traveling with a baby that age would be appreciated too. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: New here and a couple questions...

• No specific advice for the airplane (PP seems good).  I recommend you ship your HHG's and vehicle 45-65 days ahead of time so they'll have arrived by the time you get there. Hand-carry all important paperwork (birth certificates, social security cards, diplomas, transcripts, etc.).  Take as little luggage as you can.  Have fun in Italy!
  • I probably wouldn't have thought of a smaller bag to take for diaper changer. I have a carrier so I was thinking one of us would probably end up wearing her through the airport but I may consider taking the stroller too now lol. Thanks. :)

We have all the medical/dental clearance papers done. I'm not aware of any others that the Air Force needs. 

I'm not sure how we're going to go about shipping our things since they're in storage in Tucson and I'm in PA with family for the year he went to Korea. DH needs to figure that out soon though.

• Loading the player...
  • imagetamara1987:

I probably wouldn't have thought of a smaller bag to take for diaper changer. I have a carrier so I was thinking one of us would probably end up wearing her through the airport but I may consider taking the stroller too now lol. Thanks. :)

We have all the medical/dental clearance papers done. I'm not aware of any others that the Air Force needs. 

I'm not sure how we're going to go about shipping our things since they're in storage in Tucson and I'm in PA with family for the year he went to Korea. DH needs to figure that out soon though.

Our stuff is in Tucson too :) I'm in MA pregnant while Mr. is gone. From what we were told, when he gets his orders, he has to go in and schedule the pick up of HHGs and order the shipping. Get him on that asap. It's not like he can click and it's done. It takes a while and paperwork, always paperwork. Once Mr. is back and gets his orders for our new duty station in July, he has to just go down and get started with the right people and stick with it. Good luck and have fun in Italy! That's on our list of places to PCS :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagezonagirlie:
    imagetamara1987:

I probably wouldn't have thought of a smaller bag to take for diaper changer. I have a carrier so I was thinking one of us would probably end up wearing her through the airport but I may consider taking the stroller too now lol. Thanks. :)

Our stuff is in Tucson too :) I'm in MA pregnant while Mr. is gone. From what we were told, when he gets his orders, he has to go in and schedule the pick up of HHGs and order the shipping. Get him on that asap. It's not like he can click and it's done. It takes a while and paperwork, always paperwork. Once Mr. is back and gets his orders for our new duty station in July, he has to just go down and get started with the right people and stick with it. Good luck and have fun in Italy! That's on our list of places to PCS :) 

Lol I am missing Tuscon right about now with all this snow we just got. DH has his orders so I guess I need to kick his butt in gear so we have stuff when we get over there since he likes to procrastinate. Thanks and good luck with your next base as well! I hope you get to go somewhere you want. :)

• imagetamara1987:
    imagezonagirlie:
    imagetamara1987:

Lol I am missing Tuscon right about now with all this snow we just got. DH has his orders so I guess I need to kick his butt in gear so we have stuff when we get over there since he likes to procrastinate. Thanks and good luck with your next base as well! I hope you get to go somewhere you want. :)

I am also missing Tucson. When I woke up it was 1 degree. ONE. That's not okay. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am in Aviano right now : love it here, although it can be challenging sometimes :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"