Single Parents
Options

Help needed-clarify for me please?

According to my divorce/custody agreement (which was approved by the court on Tuesday-woohoo!!!)I have full physical custody and XWS and I share legal custody. He sees our son overnights on Thursday, every other weekend and every Tuesday night from 5-8. This last day was added in the eleventh hour because he was threatening to ask the judge for a continuance. I'm done playing games and I'm done compromising. He claims that this is the MINIMUM time and if I do not allow him to see our child outside of these dates and times that I will be in violation of our agreement (it says that additional time can be granted on a case by case basis between the two of us). Can he take me to court for contempt if I refuse his requests to see our son outside of our agreed upon schedule?

Re: Help needed-clarify for me please?

• Options
    No, you go by the letter of the court ordered visitation.  Anything outside of it can be shown as precedence and added to become permenant.  Stick to the court ordered visitation schedule until the dust settles and you can really civily co-parent together.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    THANK YOU!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's just another way of saying "other time as agreed upon". It takes two to agree upon other time. My advice to you is to keep a copy of the agreement handy and make sure school, day care, etc have copies too. 
  • Options
    No he can't! I have the same written in my agreement and when I asked the mediator about it she said that unless I have nothing going on ie sitting home twiddling my thumbs that I can refuse time and that he cannot say anything about it..but my X also does not have close to that much time with my DD.
  • Options
    my son's father is quite handy with all the threats too .. your court order states that additional time is only when agreed upon .. so you're asking a question you already know the answer to .. I do the same thing though, second guess myself because I get scared from all the threats he makes .. stay strong
    image Visit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"