Natural Birth
Options

FTM and Natural hopeful

So, I have done my research (a while ago, when my SIL did natural birth) and want to do natural. But I can't really find info on if being plus size will affect the process.

I know my OB gave me the standard warnings for being overweight (and was VERY nice about it) you know, the possibility for unclear ultrasounds, gestational diabetes, increased risk of still birth.

I have a high pain tolerance, but I was wondering what are the top ways to "get through it" (Bradly, hypnobaby)
So which have you chosen to use, or used (and did it work well) 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
imageimage

Re: FTM and Natural hopeful

• Options
    I won't say being plus sized won't affect your pregnancy or birth but FWIW I am plus sized an had a completely uncomplicated pregnancy with an unmedicated vaginal birth.

I used Hypnobabies but did not use it much during labor. It is a good program though. Mostly I just followed my instincts and did what felt right at the time. I also stayed home until I knew I HAD to go to the hospital which helped.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I did not use any "method" other than yelling! I can also say this: Not once EVER during my labor (which started at 6:30am and ended at 6:30pm) did I consider pain meds. I was in pain, I was sooooo wanting it to be over but I never considered epidural or pain meds to be an option. Even when offered, my brain didn't actually think about it... weird I know. Being mentally ready prepared me more than any of the positions or methods I had learned.

The best method is to trust your body and tell yourself that you are going to do this, no matter what. Oh, and YELL. That was my pain "release" rather than "relief".

Also remember that a labor free of pain meds typically goes way faster so you can get it over with quicker!!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congratulations!!! :o) You found out earlier than I did. :o) Just learn as much as you possibly can about natural birth and the actual birthing process. Being overweight should not affect your ability to birth your sweet baby. I started with watching The Business of Being Born and More Business of Being Born (on Netflix), then read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. The I turned to Youtube and watched all the natural births I could find in all their glory!!! ;o) 

Had little man on June 25th...only intervention was my midwife broke my water at my request at 7cm.

Good luck to you! However it happens, you're going to be a wonderful mama!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"