December 2010 Moms

DS Really isn't a baby anymore

I mean I knew he wasn't. But it keeps becoming more and more real.

I scolded him today and he wouldn't look at me. So, I asked him to say "yes, mama" so that I would know he got it. He did. And then he said "Me understand, mama." Wahhhhhh

I don't know why that got me but it was such an aware thing to say. Like he knew I wasn't sure he got it and was emphasizing to me that duh mom I understand.

Then tonight we were at my parents. They had a fire in the fireplace. We were saying our goodbyes and along with saying goodbye and love yous he pops up with "thank you very much for the fire." OMG! We hadn't been talking about it or anything and apparently he decided that the socially acceptable thing to do was to thank them. Lol

He's been talking and conversing with us for such a long time now but it seems like all of a sudden we've hit this other level where he understands social niceties and unspoken verbal cues and responds to them in such a mature way. I'm so proud but I miss my baby!

Are you guys feeling this way more and more lately?
Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13

Re: DS Really isn't a baby anymore

• Yes, I totally know what you mean.  G will bust out with some comment along those lines, and it drives home how much she's paying attention to what we say and do, and how much she's absorbing from us.

• What a sweet, polite little boy!  And yes, C breaks out these lines or does little things sometimes where I think "Wow, what did you grow up?"  We were at the park yesterday with C's buddy from school and his dad.  They both decided to walk down this giant stone staircase and all the parents were kind of freaking out b/c we weren't over there.  They both just kind of glanced at each other, walked over to the hand rail, and walked carefully down all nbd.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, that is awesome! What a polite young man you have there! Big Smile
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • How sweet! This weekend Jared told his dad "I want cup. Please" then said thank you when DH gave it to him. Then yesterday at a birthday party DH closed a gate so j couldn't leave the yard. J said "thank you!" and when DH didn't respond j yelled "you're welcome!" it was so funny!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Its so bittersweet seeing them grow up but G will always be my baby =D.
  • Wow! I think he is very socially advanced for his age. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh yeah, I totally get that. Nora is seeming more and more like a little girl now, and it makes me happysad for sure. I LOLed at, "Thank you very much for the fire." ;)
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL I should read other posts before I post. I just wrote how Sam is getting so big. She too understands sooo much more lately and it's crazy. She is finely like a little person where you can talk to her and she understands. Whether she listens to us or not is a whole other story. lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagexxbabycakesxx:
    Its so bittersweet seeing them grow up but G will always be my baby =D.

This!

What a big boy G is - so polite!

DS is the same way - always with please, thank you & sorry, mommy.

Tonight as MH was carrying him up to bed he said, "I love you mommy, I'll miss you!" LOL The I love you was expected, but where did he get I miss you from? I've actually made a point to NOT use that phrase around him b/c I don't want it planted in his head, so I don't know where he got it from.

And on a more devious note - sometimes MH will put a super hero type cartoon on for DS, but there are scary parts. So sometimes I'll say, "oh this is scary, let me change this". So now when I am watching something I want to watch or even when a cartoon he doesn't like is on, he'll say, "I'm scared, mommy, change it!" Seriously kid - My Little Pony (or whatever) is not scary, but nice try!"

• imagebosha711:

So now when I am watching something I want to watch or even when a cartoon he doesn't like is on, he'll say, "I'm scared, mommy, change it!" Seriously kid - My Little Pony (or whatever) is not scary, but nice try!" 

Mwahahaha... MLP is a little scary. ;) 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebosha711:

imagexxbabycakesxx:

This!

Tonight as MH was carrying him up to bed he said, "I love you mommy, I'll miss you!" LOL The I love you was expected, but where did he get I miss you from? I've actually made a point to NOT use that phrase around him b/c I don't want it planted in his head, so I don't know where he got it from.

And on a more devious note - sometimes MH will put a super hero type cartoon on for DS, but there are scary parts. So sometimes I'll say, "oh this is scary, let me change this". So now when I am watching something I want to watch or even when a cartoon he doesn't like is on, he'll say, "I'm scared, mommy, change it!" Seriously kid - My Little Pony (or whatever) is not scary, but nice try!"

Ha ha!  Smart kid. 

Lilypie - (vGZN)

• imagebosha711:

imagexxbabycakesxx:

This!

Ha ha!  Smart kid. 

Lilypie - (vGZN)

• These are all so sweet.
    Oliver tells us when he's scared too. Like today when he was taking a bath and turned the shower on.. He freaked out and said.. Shower scared me mama.
    He has also started asking dh how his day at work was. How was your day daddy? Then dh Will answer and ask him about his day... And he says .. Pretty good, daddy! Love that one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"