Postpartum Depression
Options

Placenta encapsulation

Just wondering if anyone has tried the placenta encapsulation route to combat PPD. Any opinions and info on this are greatly appreciated!

Re: Placenta encapsulation

• Options
    Haven't tried it...yet. I plan on doing it next time around for sure!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    I came here to type this exact question! Thanks for asking! I will check the responses too! I think I might also post the same question on the Natural Birth Board. Some of those Momma's might know.
    8.7.04 Married the Man
    7.16.11 Welcomed the Boy (#1)
    8.19.13 Welcomed the Boy (#2)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Another person planning to try this. Hoping someone will come in here with their own experience!

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    I had my placenta encapsulated two weeks ago... and I do think it is helping. I have still had baby-blues, but LO is three weeks old and it has subsided significantly and not turned into full blown PPD. Who knows if it is due to the capsules, but there are no negative consequences so I figured it was worth taking for the possible benefits. :-)
  • Options

imageGlovejoy3:
    I had my placenta encapsulated two weeks ago... and I do think it is helping. I have still had baby-blues, but LO is three weeks old and it has subsided significantly and not turned into full blown PPD. Who knows if it is due to the capsules, but there are no negative consequences so I figured it was worth taking for the possible benefits. :-)

Did the person do it in your home? I'm concerned that people might be ... er ... grossed out if they visit and there's body parts cooking in my kitchen. :) Just wondering if it was a pretty quick thing or if it smelled bad or anything like that. I know, trivial things to worry about. :) 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    Yes, she came to my house. The first day, she worked for about 3 hours and left the placenta overnight 'cooking' in some sort of dehydrator. DH was grossed out, but laughed it off. If you were going to have guests, you could probably move it to a bedroom and no one would be the wiser. The next day she came back over for maybe 2 hours to finish up. It didn't smell funny at all... it just smelled very citrusy at first. She brought all of her equipment, so she won't be putting your placenta on your frying pan or anything... lol.. Definitely a pain-free process. 
  • Options
    Did you find it helped with PPD?
    The woman who I spoke with does it at her house but I would have to keep it on ice in a cooler in my hospital room. Not sure if this is a common hospital occurrence?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"