Dads & Dads-to-be

Helping your pregnant wife to feel as good as she can

My wife is pregnant (obviously, or I wouldn't be on this site!) and we have a pre-schooler.  My wife is trucking along as best she can, but feels sick a lot of the time, her appetite comes and goes, she's tired, cranky - all of the things you'd expect for someone growing a human.  I want to do more to help her feel better.

I've already googled for the obvious suggestions.  Yes I listen.  Yes I massage her back when she wants it.  But I was hoping for more creative displays of support to help ease what she's going through.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Re: Helping your pregnant wife to feel as good as she can

• Clean the house. Take care of the kid. Boom, done.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • imageJ+MS:
    Clean the house. Take care of the kid. Boom, done.

This!

There is really nothing that you can do about the discomfort and hormones right now.  Heck, there is really nothing she can do about it too!!

Just be the man.  Clean, listen, take care of the kid, cook dinner, do whatever it is you have to do to take the pressure off of her.

• Loading the player...
  • The above suggestions pretty much cover it.  Just try to take care of things before she has to ask and give her more rest.  You'll both get through this!

• I agree with doing more of the household chores. It's not glamorous, you're not going to get applause for it, but getting her off her feet is going to help with the tiredness.

Gently do what you can to make sure she gets enough sleep.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imageJ+MS:
    Clean the house. Take care of the kid. Boom, done.

ALL OF THIS.

Brotha, clean, do the laundry, grocery shop, pick up the slack with your preschooler....etc., get in there and make stuff happen!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My hubby leaves me post-its with sweet notes on them. things like "you're my everything"  "I love you so much" 
    Even when I am feeling like crap (mainly fatigue atm) it makes me smile. 

He also starts my car for me. 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Thanks everyone.  Will keep at all of those things!  The hard part is having to go to work all day - that's when I wish I could help more.  Will have to stick with emptying the dishwasher, etc. before I walk out the door!
  • I agree with what all the dads have said.  Yes, if she's home, that leaves a gap where she's unfortunately on her own, but right now, there isn't much you can do about that.  Best you can do is step it up in every aspect around the house when you are home and continue to tell her that you love her and how beautiful she is.
  • I emptied the dishwasher before I left for work this morning :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"