Preemies
Options

nervous about possibly having a preemie

-->
Hey everyone! Just another cerclage update for me and a few questions. I already posted this on the high risk board and the board for May 2013 moms, but I figured I would see if any of you had any advice as well. I am currently 22 weeks, 5 days. I had my cerclage placed at almost 17 weeks due to a previous pregnancy loss at 18 weeks due to suspected IC. I was on modified bed rest for 5 weeks after the cerclage while also taking progesterone and a 600 mg motrin 3 times a day. I was cleared to return to work at the beginning of this week and the Motrin was stopped last week. I have been having cervical length measurement appointments every 2 weeks since the cerclage and had one yesterday. I am back on bed rest indefinitely as my cervix shortened from 4.67 cm at my appointment to 2.8 cm at yesterday's appointment :( We are really worried that we are looking at a greater chance of her being born early. Anyone have any experience with this even with a cerclage? Also, my doctor is going to have me continue taking Motrin for the rest of the pregnancy. However, I have been reading about premature valve closures in the heart due to taking Motrin during the third trimester. Anyone have any experience or knowledge of this? I will be asking my doctor at my appointment next week as well. Thank you ladies!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: nervous about possibly having a preemie

• Options
    I spent 55  days on hospital bed rest last fall. It suck, but you can do it. Just think about hope much better it is for you lol to keep cooking. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have a cerclage, but I went on strict bedrest at 22 weeks and we are still going strong and headed to 32 weeks on Friday.  I just tried to be as good as possible on bedrest and listened to what the doctors said.  One week I was all the way down to .9cm for my cervical measurement, but then back up to 1.2 where I have stayed for 6 weeks.  It is stressful and I never thought I would make it this far, but hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"