LGBT Parenting
Options

Girl/boy head count

Lets keep this oh so scientific study just on this, and the other, LGBT board. Only couting babies already born to lesbian moms via ICI, IUI, IVF. No one in our personal lives. there are people in the FB group who don't have their name listed in the doc and I don't know who they are. Who am missing?

Boys

Jeannkerri (frozen, donor, back-to-back IUI 12&24 hrs after LH surge, clomid)

Hens mom (non-medicated IUI)

2 brides (twin boys, IUI with Clomid, follistim, and trigger, timing unknown)

Blue daisy

Tdmkl

Mommymonster

Mrlo2

Norika (b/g twins)

L_nelson

Madisononpeas

Leapgirl (b/gtwins)

Taylorandmel (b/g twins, IVF)

LolaBell -  (fresh, at-home ICI, 1 day before, day of, and 1 day after ovulation)

2moms2b (twin boys)

CageyMack (due March)

JGY (due March)

Twinkler2011 (due April)

TWB (b/g twins, IUI, frozen?, Clomid/Met/trigger)

jenandmel (At home IUI 18 hrs after OPK.)

Girls

TT(clomid/trigger/IUI - IUI was about 24 hours post trigger)

2moms2twins (twin girls, IVF)

SSG

Bostongaygirl (single girl, IVF)

Taylorandmel (b/g twins, IVF)

Ashes101 (twin girls)

2momiesinoh

Cookiemonster (twin girls)

Babyhyem (twin girls)

Norika (b/g twins)

L_nelson

Leapgirl (b/g twins)

newmompeanut (due feb)

Shamrock (due feb)

karah0011 (due March)

stringy813 (IUI with frozen sperm, no meds, 12 hours after positive OPK (likely 24 hours after height of surge)

TWB (b/g twins, IUI, frozen?, Clomid/Met/trigger)

Fabi

Nita

Gender TBD

Jeannkerri (non-medicated single IUI, 12 hours after pos OPK)

TT (twins - clomid/trigger/IUI - IUI was about 16 hours post trigger)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Girl/boy head count

• Options
    I have one of each.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    What? How did miss you?! I swear you were in my original count on my phone. Cause I have nothing else to do but count kids..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2moms2b is having 2 boys (I knew I couldn't be the only one with twin boys!)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was shocke you were the only one too! I was only counting babies already born since there are so many pregnant, it didn't seem fair to the results. I'm still surprised there are so many girls!
  • Options
    imagejeannkerricotober09:
    I was shocke you were the only one too! I was only counting babies already born since there are so many pregnant, it didn't seem fair to the results. I'm still surprised there are so many girls!

Are you trying to "prove" (I know not scientifically) the whole AI favors boys thing? If so, you shouldn't count IVF babies cause that theory doesn't apply to IVF. If anything, I believe IVF is supposed to favor girls bc the embryos are supposedly tougher.

TaylorandMel have 1 girl, 1 boy (albeit through IVF).
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup having two boys!  This will most likely be our last weekend child free so fingers crossed we can hold out until the 26th!
    M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Bump burp.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options

imageball.and.chain:
    Are you trying to "prove" (I know not scientifically) the whole AI favors boys thing? If so, you shouldn't count IVF babies cause that theory doesn't apply to IVF. If anything, I believe IVF is supposed to favor girls bc the embryos are supposedly tougher. TaylorandMel have 1 girl, 1 boy (albeit through IVF).

B.C.  is correct.  IVF is not quite applicable.  

If we factor in the information of method, timing, sample type we can actually (not scientifically) prove in our group of families what the statistical rate of boy vs girl for sample types and methods.  We can also determine just in general our boy vs girl ratio.  We can also determine if in our group the frozen samples favor boys.  Also (I don't think we have any) identical twins should only be counted once as it was an egg split not two separate fertilization.

Statistically speaking we can also count the babies in womb (sex determined) as it shouldn't throw anything off and only give us more data to work with.

Maybe I am over thinking this but if people would provide sex, sample type, method and timing for things like IUI (like 36 hours past trigger/O) we could run some pretty cool numbers. 

As you can tell I am bored on bed rest so I would love to see the data as this is something very interesting to me. Stick out tongue  

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    EDD 02/21/13
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    There's a Facebook group?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

We used a known donor with fresh sperm (no doctor), so I don't think I can be counted in the original poll.

But, answering 2moms2b's questions:

boy, fresh, at-home (with a syringe, nothing special), 1 day before, day of, and 1 day after ovulation.

• Options

I think I was trying to disprove it :)  There is a lot if info on the pregnancy check in.  I was just pulling together the births from this board to see what it looks like.

Taylor and mel had twins, right?  That's not who I was thinking when I wrote that.  I was thinking about the couple who both carried, months from one another.  Each had a little girl, about 9 months apart.  Anyone?

• Options

Take it and run, 2moms :)  I'm not sure how many people will respond, since quite a few of them aren't on here any longer but I'll post around and see who will come back and give their info.

Boston Gay Girl hasn't been here in a year or so, but I know she was IVF, I recommended my RE to her back in the day.

I conceived N with frozen donor sperm, back-to-back IUI's (so who knows which took) 12 and 24 hours after LH surge.

This pregnancy I conceived with the same donor, single IUI,  about 12 hours after LH surge

• Options
    We have one of each. Clomid/Met/trigger IUI. I changed up the trigger/IUI timing on our last cycle, but can't remember which way (more or fewer hours than the RE said).
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    We can also use this "data" to see if my theory that same-sex couples have a crapton of twins because of Clomid/Femara is true.  I've been trying to count in my head IVF twins vs. oral fertility med twins vs. inject twins.
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options
    2moms2b - If you want me to group everyone differently, let me know.
  • Options

I think I was trying to disprove it :)  There is a lot if info on the pregnancy check in.  I was just pulling together the births from this board to see what it looks like.

Taylor and mel had twins, right?  That's not who I was thinking when I wrote that.  I was thinking about the couple who both carried, months from one another.  Each had a little girl, about 9 months apart.  Anyone?

Oh yeah ... Fabi and something i think was their name ( could be wrong)

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

I think this is perfect! 

My vote is to leave this thread running through the week to let those that wish to participate a chance to update with their information.

Once we have everyone's data (that wishes to be included so completely optional) we can use it to humor our minds with the calculations to get our groups statistics.  (I love math and statistics so this makes me giddy... I know I am a dork)

HIke:  I too am curious on the twin thing.

My data:  IUI with frozen sperm post trigger (36 hours) resulting in twin boys.  We used clomid and ovidrel trigger.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    EDD 02/21/13
  • Options
    Yes! Fabi and Nita. It something like that.
  • Options
    image2moms2b:

imageball.and.chain:
    Are you trying to "prove" (I know not scientifically) the whole AI favors boys thing? If so, you shouldn't count IVF babies cause that theory doesn't apply to IVF. If anything, I believe IVF is supposed to favor girls bc the embryos are supposedly tougher. TaylorandMel have 1 girl, 1 boy (albeit through IVF).

B.C.  is correct.  IVF is not quite applicable.  

If we factor in the information of method, timing, sample type we can actually (not scientifically) prove in our group of families what the statistical rate of boy vs girl for sample types and methods.  We can also determine just in general our boy vs girl ratio.  We can also determine if in our group the frozen samples favor boys.  Also (I don't think we have any) identical twins should only be counted once as it was an egg split not two separate fertilization.

Statistically speaking we can also count the babies in womb (sex determined) as it shouldn't throw anything off and only give us more data to work with.

Maybe I am over thinking this but if people would provide sex, sample type, method and timing for things like IUI (like 36 hours past trigger/O) we could run some pretty cool numbers. 

As you can tell I am bored on bed rest so I would love to see the data as this is something very interesting to me. Stick out tongue  

TWIN GIRLS  ( 5% change they are ID  but we are not testing  any time you have twins w/ same blood type and same sex you have 5% chance of them being ID and they look nothing alike no i think its not possible)

IVF-  ICSI to be exact   grew for 2 days then frozen for a month 

then grew for another 5 days ( we were part of a study to show that Frozen vs Fresh embryo transfer is better) https://www.fertilitycenterlv.com/high-responder-study-results.html

Frozen Sperm 

• Options

DD - clomid/trigger/IUI - IUI was about 24 hours post trigger

Twins - clomid/trigger/IUI - IUI was about 16 hours post trigger. Do not know their sexes yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Boy for us. At home IUI 18 hrs after OPK.
  • Options
    #9 IUI with Clomid, follistim, and trigger. No idea about dosing or timing given that it seems like half a life ago.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah, IVF would definitely have skewed your results, since the boy theory is based on timing of insem in relation to ovulation and none of that applies to IVF.  Especially since so far it doesn't look like any of the boys, except for T&M's son, were conceived via IVF.

But I'm glad you posted this because I've been wondering about this since I joined the board.  And also agree with hlke that I wonder about the multiples rates, etc.

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    imageball.and.chain:

Yeah, IVF would definitely have skewed your results, since the boy theory is based on timing of insem in relation to ovulation and none of that applies to IVF.  Especially since so far it doesn't look like any of the boys, except for T&M's son, were conceived via IVF.

But I'm glad you posted this because I've been wondering about this since I joined the board.  And also agree with hlke that I wonder about the multiples rates, etc.

It is really interesting. Was Leapgirl an IUI and do you know about Norika? She didn't come on here but I could FB message her and ask.
  • Options
    imageball.and.chain:

It is really interesting. Was Leapgirl an IUI and do you know about Norika? She didn't come on here but I could FB message her and ask.

I think Leap was medicated IUI...Clomid?  Not sure about Norika.

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    Sex TBD (in August), unmedicated, frozen, at home IUI, 17 hours after first positive opk
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Data:  Frozen, IUI, unmedicated, 13 hours after first positive OPK, 1st try, GIRL, Due March :)
  • Options

Clomid + trigger, frozen, IUI. Can't remember timing - whatever they told us to do w/ the trigger.

It was our third IUI, first two were unmedicated. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagelucubratrix:

sex, sample type, method and timing for things like IUI (like 36 hours past trigger/O) we could run some pretty cool numbers. 

Kid #1: boy, KD fresh sample but cooled with storage buffer and shipped with coldpacks via UPS (a DIY biotranz), insemination at home with a syringe (what people like to call an ICI, but it's really not intra-cervical at all, just intra-vaginal), timed the day before presumed ovulation (i.e. insemination on the day of LH surge). (We had also done an insemination 3 days before that, but it's highly doubtful that the sperm from that were still alive given they'd already been through shipping cross country.) No fertility meds.

Kid #2: boy, same KD's frozen sample, frozen embryo transfer of a single blastocyst (from IVF, obviously) .

Blastocysts in the freezer: 1 boy, 4 girl - we did CGH testing, and finding out the sexes was a byproduct. We're hoping to get two more take-home babies out of those, but doing single embryo transfers to avoid multiples.

Male embryos make it to blastocyst faster than female embryos, interestingly enough... that was true for us, too. https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(10)00600-X/abstract

any particular reason you did CGH testing and care to share in a PM what it ran you ?

• Options
    IUI 5 clomid trigger 24 hours prior to IUI and I had 2 mature follicles. We used frozen sample with unknown donor and this resulted in twin boys.
  • Options
    Data: Follistim, trigger shot (18 hours prior, I think), IUI, frozen. Boy. 

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    JGYJGY member

How on earth did I miss this??

You already know I have a boy due in March, here are the other details:
    Frozen donor sperm, unmedicated single IUI done in RE office, timing somewhat unknown since no trigger, but done less than 24 hours after positive OPK.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"