New Jersey Babies
Options

Monmouth Cty OBGYN

I'm 10 weeks along with my second pregnancy and I'm considering switching Drs. I'd love to find a more woman/mother centered or holistic practice than the group I've been with until now.

I live just a few blocks from Dr Andrea Price's new practice in Eatontown, and have been reading great reviews about her and the new office, but none of them are OB specific. Has anyone here been through a pregnancy with her? Good/bad comments? Seems she is well liked, and any complaints seem to have been about her former office with Dr Chakaborty, from whom she is split now...

Much appreciated!

Sara

Re: Monmouth Cty OBGYN

• Options
    Hi Sara! If you are looking for an OB specific practice, Healthy Woman in Freehold has an all-female labor and delivery team, all of which are board certified. All the doctors are great. You might consider calling them for a consult and just meeting with a few to see if they are what you are looking for! Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, Erin!

Unfortunately, Freehold is too far from me. A bit more info about me: I am trying to decide whether to attempt a VBAC, and my experience last time which resulted in an emergency Csection has shaken my faith in my current group of drs.

Anyone know of other practices in the greater Oceanport/Little Silver/Red Bank area?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi - I'm in that area and love my OBGYN. Women Caring For Women in Tinton Falls. Very small practice. Just two women - Dr. Loh Collado handles expectant mothers and deliveries and the other Dr. handles regular appointments. I've never been to a dr. that spends so much time with me - Dr. Loh is a mother and is so imformative, happy and helpful.  She delivers at Riverview.   I would check her out.
  • Options

If you are considering VBAC, I would definitely stay away from Healthy Woman.  I know the doctors are well loved there but they are a high c-section rate practice and CentraState does very few VBACs. 

Dr Giovine is well known for support of VBACs down in Monmouth.  There are also the Avon midwives if you are open to that.  It's definitely worth keeping VBAC as an open option!

R & R: est 2003 LOs: 4/2005, 10/2007, 2/2011 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagerbytsdy:

If you are considering VBAC, I would definitely stay away from Healthy Woman.  I know the doctors are well loved there but they are a high c-section rate practice and CentraState does very few VBACs. 

Dr Giovine is well known for support of VBACs down in Monmouth.  There are also the Avon midwives if you are open to that.  It's definitely worth keeping VBAC as an open option!

Healthy Woman actually does the highest number of VBACs at Centrastate, and has the lowest rate of c-sections at the hospital (I did my research!). They used to not do VBACs at all, but now they do the most!

Keep in mind, if Freehold is too far, they also have an office in Colts Neck. Freehold just happens to be much more convenient for me, and a larger office.

• Options

I posted this on another board.  Doctor Andrea Price in Eatontown has been my Gynecologist since 2006. Doctor Price is the most compassionate and sweet doctor to be found.  She figured out a rare trait I was struggling with for years and it wasn't even gyn related.  In 2012 she left her old practice with Doctor Chakraborty (Women's Health Alliance) and opened a new office by her self.  The decor is so beautiful and elegant. They thought of everything a patient would want, like a Women's center combined with a spa.  Best of all they take our HMO insurance.

Doctor Price has been on cable television on The Baby Story and wrote a book. Most of all, she takes time to answer all my questions (and I have a lot) and explain what is happening in my body.  She even hugs you after each exam.  Her feedback on the internet is all positive. Some of her patients are other female doctors which makes me feel secure.  I can not say enough good things about this caring doctor !!!  Her office is called Women's Center for Integrative Health  

As far as hospitals, Monmouth has a NICU and resident surgeons on call, compared to Riverview.Medical Center.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"