June 2011 Moms
Options

Toddler bed fail. Help please!

I posted a few weeks ago about dd climbing out of her crib so we switched her to a toddle bed and she hates it. The only time she sleeps in it is when we put her in already asleep and most nights she gets up and moves to a couch that is in her room. She sleeps pretty good on the couch. But I'm afraid of her Falling out of the couch and I want her to sleep in her bed. Anyone have any tips? Tia!

Re: Toddler bed fail. Help please!

• Options
    Can you just do a floor bed? Like put her mattress on the floor until she is more comfortable and adept at nothing confining her? The mattress is only so thick so if she did fall off, it's only inches.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    imagerattlecanqueen:
    Can you just do a floor bed? Like put her mattress on the floor until she is more comfortable and adept at nothing confining her? The mattress is only so thick so if she did fall off, it's only inches.

I have an extra full size mattress and I thought of trying that on the floor. But if she likes it I dont think ill ever get her back in bed. I don't think the toddler mattress will work because she moved a lot and I think she will roll off it and not get hurt but wake her up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no. I am dreading this. I just ordered 2 new crib mattresses to find a softer one. He hates his current one as it is hard as a rock. Good for SIDS prevention as new born, but not good now. Once i pick one we are going to try the toddler bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We skipped the toddler bed and we have a twin mattress on the floor for DD. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options
    imagerattlecanqueen:
  • Options

imagerattlecanqueen:

We started like this. He did much better once we put a rail on the bed. I think it made him feel more secure, or felt more like the crib with the added side. How different is her toddler bed from her crib? Can you make it as similar as possible to make her more comfortable? Maybe the couch seems more familiar to her because it has been there longer than the toddler bed.

• Options
    imageSyncronicity09:

imagerattlecanqueen:

We started like this. He did much better once we put a rail on the bed. I think it made him feel more secure, or felt more like the crib with the added side. How different is her toddler bed from her crib? Can you make it as similar as possible to make her more comfortable? Maybe the couch seems more familiar to her because it has been there longer than the toddler bed.

The thing is that the couch is actually a futon that we always had open as a bed. We made it a couch when we put her in the toddler bed. So it's new to her too.
  • Options
    How about trying to move the coach to a different room?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"