December 2010 Moms

Nicole or others - Woofer Guitar

Nicole, in your cute pic of M, it looks like you don't have the strap on your guitar.  Is that so or is it just hidden.  C just got his for Christmas and the first day walked over to me with it with the strap criss-crossed in front of him around his neck.  He was just trying to get it the right way over his shoulder but got stuck.  The velcro seems way to strong to break away.  I wouldn't necessarily have been worried unless I saw what happened and now I kind of am.  Should I just cut it off?  I can't figure out how to otherwise remove it so I could still get it back on when he's older.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nicole or others - Woofer Guitar

• Gosh, didn't even think of that! He is wearing it, but only because I put it on him (it's hidden in that picture). He doesn't usually try to put the strap on, but I can see the concern. Maybe I'll cut it off, too, like you suggested. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, C seems to do fine with it when we put it on him like M.  It's so heavy though and I had to undo the velcro myself when that happened to him b/c I couldn't un-twist it.  So, I know he wouldn't be able to un-twist it if he needed to.  Maybe I'm being paranoid though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelrn327:
    Yep, C seems to do fine with it when we put it on him like M.  It's so heavy though and I had to undo the velcro myself when that happened to him b/c I couldn't un-twist it.  So, I know he wouldn't be able to un-twist it if he needed to.  Maybe I'm being paranoid though. 

I don't think you are being paranoid about it at all! I just never thought of it, and he never struggled with the strap, so it didn't occur to me. I wonder if it's reviewed on websites with that concern. I'll have to check it out.  

• imageNicole0012:

imagelrn327:
    Yep, C seems to do fine with it when we put it on him like M.  It's so heavy though and I had to undo the velcro myself when that happened to him b/c I couldn't un-twist it.  So, I know he wouldn't be able to un-twist it if he needed to.  Maybe I'm being paranoid though. 

I don't think you are being paranoid about it at all! I just never thought of it, and he never struggled with the strap, so it didn't occur to me. I wonder if it's reviewed on websites with that concern. I'll have to check it out.  

So the first two people on Amazon mention it but then no one else does.  Go figure  Maybe I'll write to B Toys and see if they have any suggestions.  Maybe I can take it out somehow instead of cutting it?

• DS got this for his birthday and I've noticed the same thing.  Will you let me know if you hear anything back from B Toys about removing (without cutting)?  He looooves this guitar. 

Does it drive either of you INSANE how loud it can get?  Why oh why did they make it so it gets so loud?

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelulu8109:

DS got this for his birthday and I've noticed the same thing.  Will you let me know if you hear anything back from B Toys about removing (without cutting)?  He looooves this guitar. 

Does it drive either of you INSANE how loud it can get?  Why oh why did they make it so it gets so loud?

Absolutely and yes on the noise level!  It's cute and DS loves it, but it does drive me a bit crazy!  ;-)

• imagelrn327:
    imagelulu8109:

DS got this for his birthday and I've noticed the same thing.  Will you let me know if you hear anything back from B Toys about removing (without cutting)?  He looooves this guitar. 

Absolutely and yes on the noise level!  It's cute and DS loves it, but it does drive me a bit crazy!  ;-)

Thanks!  And glad I'm not alone =)  It's just so much louder than any of his other toys!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lrn -- go to my FB page and look at the picture my college roommate posted of HER son (just a month older than M). So funny that we have identical pictures, but check out how the woofer guitar in his picture. Interesting after today's conversation about the strap! 
  • imageNicole0012:
    lrn -- go to my FB page and look at the picture my college roommate posted of HER son (just a month older than M). So funny that we have identical pictures, but check out how the woofer guitar in his picture. Interesting after today's conversation about the strap! 

Yep, that is exactly what it looked like on C!  Haven't heard back yet from B, but will definitely pass along what I learn.  Too cute though about the pictures!!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"