Dads & Dads-to-be

all she does is throw up!

Hello....

l am a dad to be, baby is due in July...we are in about 3 months of my wife getting sick. lts all day everyday l am trying to be supportive, but sometimes it is hard because she is always sick and unable to leave the couch. l know she cannot help it and we have tried everything under the sun to help morning sickness.... Are there any other dads like me out there and what did you do?

Re: all she does is throw up!

• My wife wasn't physically throwing up, but she felt like she was about to for a good couple of months.  I assume she's talked to her OB about this?  I believe there is a medicine that can be prescribed for it if it is severe.  If you've exhausted all the OB suggestions and the like, sometimes all you can do is ride it out and hope it isn't one of those rare cases that the morning sickness carries all the way through.  Try to make her comfortable, make sure she stays hydrated, do some online research and if you come across something that sounds like it might work, float it past the OB to see if they think it is a good idea (after all, it is the internet, unlike the State Farm commercial, just because it is on the internet doesn't make it true).  Be sure she's hydrated though, last thing you want is for her to get dehydrated and have to go to the ER.
  • Sounds like what my friend went through, all you can do is make sure that she stays hydrated and if she was small to begin with, try protein shakes to keep her and the child healthy.

I have a cousin that lost her first child because she had sever morning sickness but still tried to work out like normal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I lurk these boards, sorry you're gettin lady advice here-

I'm a FTM and have had morning sickness THE WHOLE TIME. The best thing my SO did was advocate for me. I tried to say it was fine I'd be fine but he went to the OB visits with me and impressed on the doctor how bad it had gotten. After a particularly bad couple days he took me to the ER were I had to receive fluids from the dehydration and basically wouldn't leave until someone had a plan to help me. I did end up on anti-emetics and I finally got everything under control. 

• she drinks a lot of water but still ended up in the er for dehydration once. nothing stays down for long... she is on zofran and we try home reemits as well. We are doing our best to ride this out l hope she starts to feel better soon.
  • Sending some prayers her way- I hope it lets up for your poor wife!
  • My wife had that feeling, but never threw up.

You should encourage your wife to talk to other mothers and ask what they did to get through the morning sickness. As for you, hold her hair back and be patient. You have a few more months of smiling and nodding to do....your words and actions could be your worst enemy during this time. Smile and Nod....

• imagefroggystomper:

I lurk these boards, sorry you're gettin lady advice here-

I'm a FTM and have had morning sickness THE WHOLE TIME. The best thing my SO did was advocate for me. I tried to say it was fine I'd be fine but he went to the OB visits with me and impressed on the doctor how bad it had gotten. After a particularly bad couple days he took me to the ER were I had to receive fluids from the dehydration and basically wouldn't leave until someone had a plan to help me. I did end up on anti-emetics and I finally got everything under control. 

This.....her OB should be monitoring this, and if not, make the OB monitor it. Morning sickness is one thing, but this.......

• imageDavidStamps:

My wife had that feeling, but never threw up.

You should encourage your wife to talk to other mothers and ask what they did to get through the morning sickness. As for you, hold her hair back and be patient. You have a few more months of smiling and nodding to do....your words and actions could be your worst enemy during this time. Smile and Nod....

...and maintain that behavior long after the baby comes....seriously!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"