May 2012 Moms
Options

GTKY

This Saturdays GTKY is brought to you by spiders! I saw one this morning and flipped my shi!t because I have a serious phobia of them. Not the normal creeped out fear, I'm talking instant goosbumps, heart in the throat, skin goes pale, run away like it's going to kill me kind of fear.

When I was a kid, my brother put a giant barn spider on my head while I was laying in a hammock. While falling out of the hammock trying to get it off me, it got tangled in my hair and I had to run to my mother to get it out resulting in feeling it struggle in my hair for a good 2 mins and ending with her having to kill it on my head and wash my hair. Yeah, so I am traumatized. I cower in my chair like a child when I watch the spider scene in the 2nd Harry Potter movie.

Who else has extreme fears and phobias on here, and where do yours stem from?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY

• Options
    I have a fear of planes. Not just flying but planes themselves. When I see a low flying plane I have major anxiety because in my mind, it's bound to crash. The rumble of a plane thats low flying can wake me in the middle of the night and I will end up panicking and running to the window to look outside just to make sure there isn't a jet coming down in my neighborhood. I get the same feeling of panic where my heart is in my throat and I am legit terrified.

I think it might stem from the fact that when I was in 5th grade a classmate whom I was not friends with was killed in a plane crash. It seems that my fear has gotten worse over the years though.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options
    I'm developing a phobia of chemicals.  It's been since DD has been born and I started reading about what's in some baby shampoos.  Freaks the crap right out of me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagezoeygirl1105:
    Oh my goodness I thought I was the only one! I can fly ok but still get anxiety. It's when I'm at home and hear a plane flying over that I freak out inside. I have this horrible fear that they are going to crash into our house. We live near two military bases so we hear planes ALL THE TIME. They often fly low too. I also hate spiders. I won't sleep in the room if I saw one but it got away. Then when my husband kills them I make him flush them down the toilet because they just might come back alive in the trash. Ok so now that I sound like a total crazy cakes!! Happy Saturday!

Not crazy at all. I don't trust dead spiders and I'm convinced live ones seak me out. I bet they can smell my fear and like that I make them feel superior.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

I am extremely afraid of flying.  I used to be able to at least get on a plane, but since my miscarriages, I cannot even do that!

I am also extremely afraid of DD or DH and sicknesses.  I don't like anything that out of my control.

Oh, I also don't like bad/stormy weather.

Did I mention I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder? LOL! 

• Options
    I don't care for crossing bridges. It's not a paralyzing fear, but it definitely makes me nervous!
  • Options

Ocean water that you cannot see what's in it. I also used to hate driving down roads that are narrow with reed/marshland on each side. I think this stems from recurrent nightmares I had as a child that I was in the backseat of my family's VW Rabbit and my dad drove down one of those roads then out on a floating dock that started sinking. I would scream as we went down and no one heard me or acted like anything was wrong.

Ironically, I now live in a flood zone and my house was in four feet of water from hurricane Sandy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lizards. I am like a lizard magnet, and I can't even count how many lizards have just randomly jumped on me. In my rational mind, I know they aren't going to hurt me. But when one is latched onto my leg (or looking like it's about to attack), all rational thinking goes out the window, and it might as well be Godzilla hanging onto me.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"