Northern California Babies

Any good stroller recommendations

Learning towards baby jogger city select

Re: Any good stroller recommendations

• we have baby jogger citi mini GT. love it!

• Got the 2012 baby jogger city mini ... not the GT... originally considered the GT because of the height adjustable handle however we tried out the regular one in the store and fixed height of the handle was fine for my taller hubby, it is a little lighter, costs less which helped to cover the cost of the car seat adapter plus the water bottle holder which hangs over the handle bar and a rain shield.  Added bonus of the less expensive one was having more color choices.  Was easy to ''put together'' out of the box ....simple instructions as well. 

Both city mini and GT versions take a number of infant seats.  We got the Greco 35 snugride.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I nannied for many years and I have to say hands down, get a B.O.B.
  • I love my BOB Revolution stroller. Not as compact as some but still fits comfortably in the trunk of our smallish car (Ford Fusion) and it's so easy to handle!
  • Baby Jogger City Mini. Small and light and VERY easy to fold. The price point is perfect, too! We've had ours since baby came one year ago, and she still loves to ride in it. We considered the BOB, but it's twice the weight and more bulky. I have to lift the stroller in and out of our trunk, so stroller weight is an issue. Plus, since I love to shop, I needed something narrow enough to fit in the shop aisles. BJ does all that! Good luck!
  • I spent a lot of time looking at strollers, my main criteria was easy fold, something that could handle grass and mildly uneven concrete (and later realized having a compatible car seat was importamt too).

I really wanted to register for the City GT. I love the easy fold and the large canopy..storage was a little small though. I decided against a City GT because I HATED the way a newborn carrier seat attached to the City GT. I wanted something (like a travel system with out being a travel system) that the canopy of stroller would meet the carrier giving more coverage and a stroller which allowed me to easily click in my infant carrer. Sure I could use a blanket to cover the car seat but I didn't like how high the car seat sat in the city GT.

After much consideration and the realization that the only way to get a "click in" type set up for infant carrier was to go with a travel system. I decided to go with the Britax system (B-Agile). It is very similar to the City Gt with these exceptions - Front wheel is a bit smaller, no adjustable handle and the storage is a tad smaller. The upside for me was, car seat clicks in with out a wonky adaptor, when it closes (just as compact as a GT) it has an automatic lock and it is a few inches shorter from front wheel to back wheel.

Maybe when baby gets older and if the Britax is a bad choice I will upgrade to a City GT. (Or if #2 is on the way a City Select).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"