Maryland Babies

** Rags ** re: remodeling

We need to decide if we are going to gut and renovate to our tastes or remodel with the plan to sell.  I recall that you worked with an interior designer at one point...  Would you mind sharing some deets?  Not sure if your person would come all the way to the Northern Horse Country boonies.

As T discussed with B, we purchased via an in-family sale and the house had a previous home reno that was less then stellar.  Opening up the floor plan sounded like a good idea but in practice eliminated almost all of the storage, which was already limited in the 1950's rancher.

I've been putting this off because I don't know where to start.  DH and I decided this weekend we need to call in some professionals!

Thx!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: ** Rags ** re: remodeling

• Exciting!

The contractor who did our basement was AMAZING.  Really Type A - but given what he was doing I appreciated that.  He's actually in Owings Mills, so will probably travel to you - but he's more the guy who executes once you have a plan, so maybe not the right starting point.  (When we worked with him on the basement I did the basic reconfiguration design myself since it was pretty straightforward.  I just needed a professional to tell me I wasn't taking down any load bearing walls or violating code. ;)  

My interior designer is wonderful and worth a call to see if she travels that far.  I'll FB her info to you later today when I have it in front of me.  She's not a design architect, though, which is probably what you need.  We're about to have our first foray into that area for the master bath and bedroom - which will be a complete and total gut and redo where I need major advice.  I'm going to be meeting with someone that she recommended later this month and will send you his information as well later today.

Good luck and keep me updated!!  I love this stuff. ;)

lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Thanks!

This is kind of heart wrenching for me as I am still paying for the total disaster that was the previous unfinished reno.  (Lesson learned about family & friend "deals" and Time and Materials based contracts.)  The worst part is that we can't even sue the original contractor because my Dad's company pulled the permit.

But we have to start somewhere.  My husband will go insane if we continue to live in a 1/2 done house where a 50 year old italian women gold leafed everything in sight!  (Even if said woman is my mom.)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"