June 2013 Moms

Milk of mag not working?

Severely constipated with a her is so its ultra uncomfortable. Have taken milk of mag, but other than stomach cramps, nothing? What should I try next?

Re: Milk of mag not working?

• stool softners.... coconut milk.... lots of greens.... prunes/prune juice.... exercise

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagesheacox:
    stool softners.... coconut milk.... lots of greens.... prunes/prune juice.... exercise

Yes

All of this, barely anything works for me. Colace, milk of mag, none of it :( it's awful.

I'll also add taco bell to sheacox's list haha... it might just be me but I was severely constipated for a good week+ a few weeks back and we had taco bell for dinner (I just had some soft tacos and fiesta potatoes). The next morning... holy sh!t (no pun intended) did that stuff clear me out! It was amazing... (tmi) it burned like hell (I like my fire sauce) but wow. I mean hey, whatever works right?

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageclizh:

imagesheacox:
    stool softners.... coconut milk.... lots of greens.... prunes/prune juice.... exercise

Yes

All of this, barely anything works for me. Colace, milk of mag, none of it :( it's awful.

I'll also add taco bell to sheacox's list haha... it might just be me but I was severely constipated for a good week+ a few weeks back and we had taco bell for dinner (I just had some soft tacos and fiesta potatoes). The next morning... holy sh!t (no pun intended) did that stuff clear me out! It was amazing... (tmi) it burned like hell (I like my fire sauce) but wow. I mean hey, whatever works right?

bwhaha... if i make this chili that i love that has corn in it the same thing happens... maybe it's the spicy part? i dunno hah

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagesheacox:
    imageclizh:

imagesheacox:

Yes

bwhaha... if i make this chili that i love that has corn in it the same thing happens... maybe it's the spicy part? i dunno hah

I honestly wonder if it's the spice, which would make sense because DH just had his gallbladder removed and one of the big side-effects is diarrhea so they specifically told him to avoid anything spicy.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Honestly, an edema? I had to do it once this pregnancy. Also, are you taking a full cap full of milk of magnesia?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had to take two full doses of milk of mag four or six hours apart.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got some fiber gummies and they help a lot...
  • Thanks ladies. I eventually went. Though I'm probably still backed up. Oh the joys of pregnancy right? Uggghh!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"