February 2012 Moms
Options

Whatcha doing?

I'm bored. Is anyone doing anything fun this weekend? My SIL is having a baby shower tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it. She said her mom and sister are throwing it, but my brother made it clear that she is throwing it for herself because she wants everything a certain way. Ugh.

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Whatcha doing?

• Options
    Not doing anything fun today. I had a funeral visitation to go to this morning. Ian just went down for his afternoon nap and I'm seriously considering taking one too. Tomorrow I'm headed to the mall with my cousin. I've got something to return to Carter's and I want to get Ian an "I'm 1" shirt for his party. That's pretty much our weekend.

• Options
    Just finished up running some errands, now riding back home in the back seat with my little fussbudget. On the bright side, I did get a new chi to replace the one that broke back in, oh, September!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemichellekay06:
    Watching some playoff football!! Go Broncos!!!!

Yes

I went to a CPR training class for infants and child this morning and then we ran errands this afternoon.  Tomorrow we were going to the aquarium, but now I think we are staying closer to home.  I may attempt to take some one year pictures of Landon since it is supposed to be in the 70s! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I spent the am doing laundry and sanitizing things. Both little kids have had a wicked virus. Went to Publix, now I stay home with them while dh goes to a work together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What is monkey bread?

D is taking her afternoon nap, and H works all weekend. I am about to start steaming veggies and cooking meats for our 3 lunches this week. I have some laundry and other chores to tackle as well. Once D wakes up we will eat dinner, play, bath, and then I will try to throw in the 30 day shred workout. Last time D played independently and laughed at me the whole time. It is a slow easy going weekend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I second the monkey bread - biscuit version.  that was always a great treat growing up.  I used to make it in the dorms all the time, and as soon as people could smell it, they would wander over to my room.

I had to ref two high school basketball games today...  no offense, but the girls game was HORRIBLE.  a coach that was just a little too over the top for me.  the boys game was a 40 point blowout, and it was still more entertaining than the girls.  usually I find both interesting, but it was the perfect storm for the girls game.

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Options
    It was my day to sleep in so that was lovely!!  I had to run to the pedi to get a paper for daycare this morning.  Spent the rest of the day playing with Abby and straightening up the house.  This evening, we went to church, came home, had dinner and wine (yum!!), and watched the rest of the Ravens-Broncos game.  Tomorrow, we are going to brunch with my parents, which probably means they are coming over afterwards.  And continuing to straighten up and do laundry.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Monkey bread is awesome! It's a big hit for all the kiddos in my family. It's real easy to make. I know a recipe was posted but the short and sweet of it is to used canned biscuits. Pinch and roll pieces into a little ball, dip in melted butter, then roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture. Put in a bundt pan and cook according to biscuit directions. I always pour a little more butter over when it's all in the pan. Dump it out on a plate when it's done.

• Options

Today all the various men folk around here put the floor into our new apartment. I varied between wandering around with them and working on party stuff. I got her highchair tutu and the party hats made, I think that is pretty productive. Right now I am baking FILs birthday cake at 11:30 at night. Sigh.

Tomorrow we are having her pics taken with her grandparents, then going out to celebrate FILs b-day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pics-25untitled_zps5ec34838Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We always have monkey bread-the biscuit kind-on Christmas morning.

doing nothing exciting this weekend, which is great because te next few will be crammed full. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"