February 2012 Moms
Options

Changing tables

For those of you who still use a changing table, what are your plans for when LO is too big for it? I still use ours all the time. Ian is as long as it now. A little bit more length on him and I'm not sure how it's going to work. I hate changing him in the floor, he's all over the place. Also, I use it for storage and don't know what I'd do with the stuff that's on it, but at the same time could use the extra room in his room. What say you 212?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Changing tables

• Options
    We are in the same situation as you. I LOVE my changing table. I literally do not think I have changed a single diaper anywhere else as long as we're at home. Since we CD, all of my supplies are on there (cloth wipes, wipe solution, liners, etc). She is still short enough to be on there for sure, but she moves around so much that it gets a little scary sometimes even though I'm right there. When the day comes that I have to start changing her on the floor because she outgrows the changing table or starts standing up and trying to do flips off of it or something then I will set up a "changing station" on the floor somewhere yet to be decided and I will keep all my supplies right beside that area. But that will be a very sad day indeed.
  • Options
    We still use ours, but at work I just change her on the floor. If she gets too big for it we'll just start changing her on our bed or the floor. But we plan on TTC at some point in 2013, so we'll probably leave it up for our next baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ds2 was a crazy with peeing on us so we always changed him on the table. Ours was a dresser with a changing pad on top. He was changed there until he was 2.5. We'd have his bottom on the pad and his legs would hang off. It never bothered him. But he was very chill and didn't try to get away from us so it worked fine for us.
    Dd is changed everywhere.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not too concerned with him being too long because his legs are typically up in the air when he's on there. It's not like he hangs out up there YKWIM? We'll likely keep using it until he's either potty trained or too big, as in heavy, to be lifted up there. Hopefully by that time he won't be so squirmy.
  • Options
    We just have a dresser with a pad on top, but couldn't you continue to use the changing table for storage and just put some baskets on top? Or is the lad not removable?
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • Options
    Yes, I could still use it for storage, like I do now... And add things to it when I'm no longer changing him on it. If it were just on top of a dresser, I could absolutely see using it to change him for quite some time. However, it's a true changing table and has the bars on the ends. Right now he has about a half an inch until his head and feet are both touching. I can change him on the floor, I just hate doing it. And I can keep using the table, I think it's going to become cumbersome. I can take it out for more room, but there's goes my storage and all the diapering stuff. But could really use that space for bigger toys. Guess I'll figure something out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"