February 2012 Moms
Options

GTKY

How did everyone come to join the bump?

Were you part of other online forums before? Or is this the first one? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: GTKY

• Options

How did everyone come to join the bump? I joined the Knot when we were engaged. I liked my knot month board. Then I moved to the nest. I didn't really like the nest. Then I moved here when I got my bfp and been here ever since.

Were you part of other online forums before? Or is this the first one? The knot was my first one I think.

• Options
    I used the Knot for my wedding and after I would look at the Bump because I couldn't wait to TTC!

I've been on other forums but not about babies. They were Harry Potter related :::embarrassed:::

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I joined the knot when I got engaged, but I was never a part of any forums there. When I got pregnant I used the bump for information and signed up forweekly emails from start. I didn't venture into the forum world until November. I started posting on the 2nd trimester board, but ladies there were cray! This is the only board I've ever been a regular on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oops, I almost forgot to answer my own question! 

How did everyone come to join the bump? After I got married and bought a house, a friend told me about the knot/nest/bump and I joined soon after I got my first bfp.

Were you part of other online forums before? Or is this the first one? Nope, this is my first one! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imagepinkshades05:
    How did everyone come to join the bump? I used the Knot for my wedding and after I would look at the Bump because I couldn't wait to TTC! Were you part of other online forums before? Or is this the first one? I've been on other forums but not about babies. They were Harry Potter related :::embarrassed:::

awww if its any consolation, I partook  in message board threads about Game of Thrones :)

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I also used TK for planning my wedding, moved to TN and didn't like it, got pregnant 5 months later and came to TB....And stayed! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagebearsbearsbears:
    imagemkarns:

imagepinkshades05:
    How did everyone come to join the bump? I used the Knot for my wedding and after I would look at the Bump because I couldn't wait to TTC! Were you part of other online forums before? Or is this the first one? I've been on other forums but not about babies. They were Harry Potter related :::embarrassed:::

awww if its any consolation, I partook  in message board threads about Game of Thrones :)

I'm officially not the biggest dork here Stick out tongue

Kidding! 

ETA: I'm probably a bigger dork than everyone...just not about HP. 

oh I never doubted my dorkiness! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

How did everyone come to join the bump?  I joined The Knot when DH and I got married.  But I wasn't very active.

Were you part of other online forums before? Or is this the first one?   This is the first one I posted regularly on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How did everyone come to join the bump? I was on the Knot when I got married. I didn't participate in the nest and when we started TTC, I came along the bump. I participated on other boards before coming here.

Were you part of other online forums before? Or is this the first one? - I was on the Knot if that counts as being different. If not, then no. 

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    imageMistifier:

I signed up for the knot, but never used it.  As soon as I got pregnant I resigned up for the bump and it's weekly e-mails, then I discovered the message boards.  Now I pretty much never read the articles, but entertain myself with the boards.

I think I've read a couple of message boards about books (namely Wicked and Harry Potter. . . so I join the dork club), but never posted.   So really this is the first board I routinely read, check back on, and post to.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Were you part of other online forums before? No

Or is this the first one? Yes, I heard about it from someone I think and came on and got hooked. I was only an occasional lurker in the beginning and then started participating more actively. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I think I found TB from a formula or diaper web site. This is the first forum I've been a part of and I'm hooked. I think I joined around 12wks or so.

• Options

How did everyone come to join the bump?  I joined the Knot when planning my wedding.  What's left of my knot board is small but we are still active on Facebook.  Then I joined GP on the Nest, while waiting to TTC.  And then I moved over here when we got our BFP.  

Were you part of other online forums before? Or is this the first one? I mostly lurked, but did some chatting on an adoption forum a bunch of years ago.  It was before I found H, and I was starting research into single parent adoption.  But I wasn't very active (I was a long ways from having enough money to actually start the adoption process).  

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    imagemkarns:
    imagebearsbearsbears:
    imagemkarns:

imagepinkshades05:
    I used the Knot for my wedding and after I would look at the Bump because I couldn't wait to TTC!

I've been on other forums but not about babies. They were Harry Potter related :::embarrassed:::

I'm officially not the biggest dork here Stick out tongue

Kidding! 

ETA: I'm probably a bigger dork than everyone...just not about HP. 

oh I never doubted my dorkiness! 

Thanks for the support! I shall wear my dorkiness with pride D Seriously, am I the only crazy HP fan around? Besides Lancy?

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I joined the Knot when I was engaged in 2007. I stuck around and started on the Bump when TTC our son.
  • Options
    Joined TK in 2009 to plan for May 2010 wedding. Pretty much only went on my local board which was very active. There were GTGs about once a month so I met several girls IRL. In some cases, even got invited to weddings.

Tried The Nest but NoTHing was ever happening on my local board which was very disappointing. Checked out some of the drama boards for entertainment, but not much else.

Lurked on TB, mostly Feb board for all of 1st Tri before introducing myself around 14 weeks. Since then I've been on pretty much daily but don't post all that much.

This is the only forum I'm on.
  • Options

My bestie, the one who made the bee outfit, told me about it when I was pregnant. She pushed it even more when I kept asking her questions. Lol.

First one!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've known about the knot for a few years. My husband was a wedding phogapher and  I have always heard him mention the knot brides. I had to set up an account to go on there when he saw knot brides mention his website so we could see what they were saying. It was always recomendations.

I came on the bump ( and the other website... Baby center??) when I was trying to figure out my due date.  I ended up going to the bump for their forum. It was easier to read.

This is the first board I have had success with. I usually fail at these types of tings.

I have been members of or lurked n many boards over the years... Scrap booking, cooking, photography etc etc. 

• Options

Joined after having Kle read my the forums all the time either to share something funny or to get my opinion.  Decided it was easier if I just signed up and read them myself.

I have been on a sports forum since high school that has spun off to 4 different locations, but still the same people.  Also been on geocaching forums since I started in 2007.   (geocaching may be even more dorky than your HP, GoT, etc)

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"