December 2010 Moms
Options

S/o peanut allergies - blood work?

C's had blood work quite a few times for his allergies.  (I know this is different from others, but C's allergist strongly believes in regular blood work/prick testing so we can watch trends.  He gets both every six months.)

In the past few times, he's had his labs done through Labcorp with is apparently NOT the Immunocap testing.  This time his allergist asked specific that it go through the Quest style testing which is Immunocap (I think?).  He told me this was b/c they show slightly different things and he wanted to look at his peanut number. If his number was under a certain threshold (8 in this case, his was 5.55) then he was more likely to outgrow it.  

What has anyone else that has had blood work been told.  Just curious!  I missed the called back from his doctor so have to get in line again!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/o peanut allergies - blood work?

• Options

DS has had two different pedis and they've each ordered blood work for allergies.  Neither specified which lab to go to. We went to Quest for both, just because they were the closest.  I just checked the results from his 1st pedi and it did say "immunocap" on it. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelulu8109:

DS has had two different pedis and they've each ordered blood work for allergies.  Neither specified which lab to go to. We went to Quest for both, just because they were the closest.  I just checked the results from his 1st pedi and it did say "immunocap" on it. 

Thanks!  It doesn't by chance list reference ranges or anything does it? I'll get it from his allergist but his results were just the numbers, no ranges or references.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options

These are the ranges on his initial blood work:

Specific IgE Class...kU/L...Level of Allergen

0          < 0.35              Absent/undetectable
    1          0.35-0.70          Low Level
    2          0.71-3.50          Moderate Level
    3          3.51-17.5          High Level
    4          17.6-50             Very High Level
    5          51-100              Very High Level
    6          >100                Very High Level

Not positive what the first thing is =)  The kU/L is the unit they measure.  So at 6 months, DS tested at < 0.35 for almost everything, which meant he wasn't allergic.  Let me know if you have any other questions!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelulu8109:

These are the ranges on his initial blood work:

Specific IgE Class...kU/L...Level of Allergen

0          < 0.35              Absent/undetectable
    1          0.35-0.70          Low Level
    2          0.71-3.50          Moderate Level
    3          3.51-17.5          High Level
    4          17.6-50             Very High Level
    5          51-100              Very High Level
    6          >100                Very High Level

Not positive what the first thing is =)  The kU/L is the unit they measure.  So at 6 months, DS tested at < 0.35 for almost everything, which meant he wasn't allergic.  Let me know if you have any other questions!

Ah, great, thanks!  I can definitely tell them C had the same test done this time as your LO did.  In that case, milk was 2, peanut 3 and lentils 4 (yikes!).  Glad your LO tested negative - food allergies really are a pain!  Thankfully C seems to be growing out of his (slowly but surely) so hopefully we'll be out of the woods in another year or two. 

• Options
    Alexander was a 3 peanut so there is hope!  But I got all that testing and it was Labcorp. And it says Immunocap on the paperwork, I just checked...weird?
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"