March 2013 Moms
Options

Stretch Marks

I am 30 weeks pregnant and I have some strech marks along my stomach and my breast, but today I suddenly noticed marks underneath my butt!!! I have only gained 15 lbs + and workout at least 20 mins a day. Will these marks go away or they here to stay???

Re: Stretch Marks

• Options
    Unfortunately... they're permanent. They can fade to skin-colored and become less noticeable over time, but they'll always be there.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Don't worry, after the birth of my 1st I looked like I was mauled by a bear, but they faded sooooooo much within 3 years that they weren't really noticable anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's more about genetics and your skin than how much weight you've gained.  Although people are more prone to stretch marks when they gain or lose a lot of weight quickly.  If anyone wants a good determination if she will get stretch marks, ask your Moms.  I have one right where I took my belly button out during my first pregnancy, and its just getting bigger and uglier.  Thankfully no more other than that one, and that's not going to stop me from wearing my bikini this summer!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Do you look under your butt frequently?  Honestly, I would have no idea if I had stretchies there and wouldn't even think about looking.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I would kill to trade my stomach birth marks for butt ones. I swear some of mine are an inch thick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My mom and sister still have stretch marks from their pregnancies, but some of them did go away over time (not all).  I'm still waiting for stretch  marks to appear.  I know they say they're genetic, but I haven't had any yet (that I can see or know of).  I've also heard that the ones you get later on towards the end or more likely to disappear?  Could be an old wives tale.  :-)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageEJBoyce:
    I've also heard that the ones you get later on towards the end or more likely to disappear?  Could be an old wives tale.  :-)

I hope you are right ;)

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options

imageEJBoyce:
    My mom and sister still have stretch marks from their pregnancies, but some of them did go away over time (not all).  I'm still waiting for stretch  marks to appear.  I know they say they're genetic, but I haven't had any yet (that I can see or know of).  I've also heard that the ones you get later on towards the end or more likely to disappear?  Could be an old wives tale.  :-)

*Sorry  my computer has a mind of its own.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options

imageAbeja1226:
    I think it's more about genetics and your skin than how much weight you've gained.  Although people are more prone to stretch marks when they gain or lose a lot of weight quickly.  If anyone wants a good determination if she will get stretch marks, ask your Moms.  I have one right where I took my belly button out during my first pregnancy, and its just getting bigger and uglier.  Thankfully no more other than that one, and that's not going to stop me from wearing my bikini this summer!

UM you took your belly button out last pregnancy? i would rather that then have this one naturally LOL! That gave me a good laugh today thanks :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image DD #1 1-31-02 DD#2 9-26-08 BFP#3 1-31-02 mc 2-23-12 BFP #4 EDD 3-22-13 KACIE
  • Options
    imagebraelyn26:

imageAbeja1226:

UM you took your belly button out last pregnancy? i would rather that then have this one naturally LOL! That gave me a good laugh today thanks :)

Lol belly button ring!! Although my belly button is out for sure, popped out that is.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"