Parenting after 35
Options

Crickets, I hear crickets!

Wow, slow board. Let's get the ball rolling here! Oh, and I noticed that I posted addition instead of edition last post. Wtf autocorrect.

What's new,  did everyone survive the holiday? School starts back tomorrow, so I'm happy, the kids are not. I'm going to be happy to not have my house turned upside down.

Re: Crickets, I hear crickets!

• Options

We survived the Holidays and just finished taking down our Christmas decorations today. It is so nice to have the house back together even though I must say that Christmas is one of my favorite Holidays. 

I work at a University and the kids start back on Wednesday. I am not looking forward to that at all! You know I am getting old when I get very crabby at those whipper snappers for causing a huge line at the coffee shop, taking up all of the good parking, and my biggest complaint...not having any manners!  I don't like getting squeezed off of the walkway or them not holding doors open for me when I am right behind them. Since we are a college town everything just gets more frustrating when school is in session. We have already decided that we won't pay for DS's college if he decides to join a frat! Wink

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We were/are all sick... Thankfully not the flu but instead some nasty respiratory thing... 

I've been having an asthma flair since getting the DTaP on the 17th to the point that we never got to put the Christmas Tree up so out in the garage it sat Crying.  The sad part is that it's just been jumping from one problem to the next instead of having gotten to enjoy the holidays in the slightest.  Just when I was getting ready to make bird seed ornaments to put on the tree, in the yard, the dishwasher broke down and DH isn't exactly Mr. Fix-it when it comes to this type of stuff...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just have a serious lack of motivation!!!!

And since it's the dead of winter, even the crickets themselves are dead!

:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Been busy at work closing out the year and starting a new one.  Now I get 2 weeks with auditors here and DH traveling for work.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ugh, been so busy and the holidays flew by.  As much as I love my ILs, between running around with them, the kids, the holiday stuff and work calling during my vacation to have me look at this or that, I felt like I didn't get a break until my ILs left right before New Year's.  Then I got a lovely longish weekend where I finally achieved my goal of remaining in my PJs and in the house all day.  It was wonderful.  Now back at work and trying to figure out when I'm going to steal a day back here or there from what I lost during my time off in Nov. and Dec. -- we're probably talking a week or so lost.  DD is back in school today for the first time and DS was back in daycare last week.  The other good news is we figured out with DS what his issues were which is not tonsils (fingers crossed as they do like to balloon every now and then) or adenoids but his tendency to get large, rock hard boogers in his nostrils which leads to a bacterial infection in his nostrils.  So we are putting in saline gel at least 2x a day and I do use the bulb suctioner every now and then as he doesn't want to blow his nose yet.  But the thought is that if we can get that under control, we can stave off a tonsillectomy.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

Yup, this board is slow. Super slow.

We're all good. DS1 back at school today, BFF been visiting for a few weeks and back to Switzerland, I'm feeling fat and unhealthy but am hoping to soon be all about clean living soon.

Oh, and on a totally random note, it's actually been cool here in CA so I'm a happy girl in my scarves and sweaters.

• Options

Don't post on here much but the holidays were great and the downtime was superb :-)

DS is in pre-kindergarten so his school started back on Wednesday but since I work at a university I didn't have to go back until Thursday---so I kept him home with me for an extra day :-)

Went to the spa over the holiday break from work---and made a note to myself that I will be doing that more often :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options

Wouldn't be the holidays if DS wasn't sick.  Christmas Eve was a blur as it is also DS' birthday and I again tried to do too much.  Maybe next year I'll get it right.   DS started coming down with a cold on his birthday and was a runny-nosed mess on Christmas.  He was also sick last Christmas, and Christmas 2010 we were still in the hospital.   Thought he was on the road to recovery until this past Thursday when he suddenly took a turn for the worse.  Croup!  Poor thing.

Now DH has some nasty bronchitis/fever thing and I am the last man standing.  Wish I could check into a hotel to get away from Germ Central over here...but that would make me the worst mommy/wife on the planet!  ha, ha!

I did have 11 days off of work, so that was great!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagesmit5009:

We survived the Holidays and just finished taking down our Christmas decorations today. It is so nice to have the house back together even though I must say that Christmas is one of my favorite Holidays. 

I work at a University and the kids start back on Wednesday. I am not looking forward to that at all! You know I am getting old when I get very crabby at those whipper snappers for causing a huge line at the coffee shop, taking up all of the good parking, and my biggest complaint...not having any manners!  I don't like getting squeezed off of the walkway or them not holding doors open for me when I am right behind them. Since we are a college town everything just gets more frustrating when school is in session. We have already decided that we won't pay for DS's college if he decides to join a frat! Wink

I hear ya. I live in a college town too and I'm not nearly as accomodating as I used to be.
  • Options
    LOL, everyone is sick! Tis the season! And, silly girl, respiratory thingy could be the flu, since, ya know, flu is a respirtory virus!
  • Options

New job.

Less 'net time.

:( 

BUT... nice holiday. I am employed. DH got a bonus. I got a new MacBook. Things are looking up. And we are planning a Disney vacation for November. 

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"