March 2013 Moms
Options

A Scary Wednesday

Had a little scare on Wednesday morning.

I was headed to work and the roads were really slick. It was so deceiving because it was well above freezing and everything appeared to be thawing and just wet. I came up the backroads I always take and came to a curve in the road. The car started to fishtail and went across the opposite lane and another car oncoming hit me pretty hard. Luckily it was on the opposite side of the car and I didn't have the kids with me. My car is totaled. Baby is just fine and moving and shaking like normal. Just sore all over, but it was the scariest thing in the world. Looks like we'll be upgrading to a bigger vehicle before DD arrives!

BabyFruit Ticker *Brianna*

Re: A Scary Wednesday

• Options
    Wow that is scary! Glad you and baby are ok and it is a good thing the other kids were not in the car.
  • Options
    egads!  I'm glad you're ok.  It is pretty warm here (for January in MN anyway) today too and rainy so I have been worried about the same scenario.  I slipped - but didn't fall - on my walk from the gas pump to the gas station building this morning and now my back and abs feel all kinked up. I can't imagine how YOU must be feeling!!  Try to take it easy today.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagewittyschaffy:
    egads! nbsp;I'm glad you're ok. nbsp;It is pretty warm here for January in MN anyway today too and rainy so I have been worried about the same scenario. nbsp;I slipped but didn't fall on my walk from the gas pump to the gas station building this morning and now my back and abs feel all kinked up. I can't imagine how YOU must be feeling!! nbsp;Try to take it easy today.

I'm from MN too! The first time it snowed here I went like 40. Driving when pregnant on the ice is so much scarier. I have almost fallen 4 times today from the rain and ice here.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you're OK.  I would probably still go have the baby and you checked out just be sure.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad you and the baby are ok. The exact same thing happened to us last week. We hit a patch of black ice going over a bridge, fishtailed, spun out and slammed into the guard wall. I was sure we were going to go off of the bridge. The car is totaled, luckily my husband and I only got whiplash and a few bruises. The baby is fine as well. I was so scared for 2 hours after the accident because he was quiet and he is always moving and wiggling around, but the doctor said all is well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So glad you and the baby are ok. That sounds just scary as hell. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Glad you and LO are ok!! I just got rear ended tonight on the way home from work but thankfully it was so minor that we didn't need to go to the hospital.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"