Military Families

intro (maryland mama)

hello ladies!!

my name is hollie and i am a mom to a beautiful 8 month old and just recently found out i am pregnant again due in august!  My husband is in the coast guard and we are stationed in the baltimore area.  It is different from what i am used to and find it hard to meet other women here.  Anyone else in the area?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: intro (maryland mama)

• Hi and welcome! My husband's in the Army stationed at Ft Detrick, but we live in Germantown...about an hour from Baltimore. I joined meetup.com and there are a lot of mom groups out there so that helped!
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • I don't live in MD, but we move frequently. One way that I have made friends is by joining a local MOPS Mothers of Preschoolers program. It is a church based program, but in my experience, you don't have to belong or join the church where the program meets.

I also made friends by enrolling my son in a Gymboree type class. There are a number of gymtype places, like My Gym and Little Gym, in addition to Gymboree, to choose from.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, we are military and stationed at fort Meade! I also have found it hard to meet people around here, even though we have been here a while now. I am due with our first baby in July!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yay!  Congrats! It is just so different here....i am on ft. meade a lot doing my shopping...we should meet up sometime!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cool... Do you know how to send pm? Because I apparently do not lol 
  • I'm about an hour from Baltimore in PA. Welcome!

CJ 05/29/2013

• imagesuzydoll07:
    Cool... Do you know how to send pm? Because I apparently do not lol 

Bottom right corner there's  button that says "Contact." Use that.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Thanks! I found it. 
  • imagesuzydoll07:
    Hi, we are military and stationed at fort Meade! I also have found it hard to meet people around here, even though we have been here a while now. I am due with our first baby in July!

Hello! I am from Ft Meade as well. Just had our baby in Nov.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"