December 2012 Moms
Options

First outing with LO

We had our first non doctors appointment outing with LO yesterday and it was a trip to Panera. The pediatrician said its fine to take her out and we should just keep her covered. It took forever to get ready and I ate faster than I ever have before but it was nice to get out of the house.

Have you been out with your LO other than doctors visits and if so where did you go?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

Re: First outing with LO

• Options
    Where haven't I gone?! lol we were out and about the 2nd day home from the hospital. Even if it's just a quick trip to Target, I love getting out of the house!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went to my friends house last week - she has a newborn also.  It took half the day just to get the babies ready and out the door but it def felt great to get out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went to Target with my mom when he was 1 week old, and DH and I took him to Trader Joe's and on a short walk yesterday. (Yay for 45 degree Chicago weather in January!). It feels SO good to get out!
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've been just about everywhere within the first 2 weeks. At 5 days old I made H take us to the mall : After DS, I turned into a hermit. He was born 12/10/10 and we got 2 feet of snow the day after Christmas. After that I was just terrified to go out. I was determined to not let myself do it again so I just jumped in with both feet and get out as much as possible.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have gone to the grocery store and to dinner with my family and last night we went to Coldstone Creamery! We have made a few trips to see family, so we have taken car trips that should be two hours long, but ended up being 2 and a half to three hours long instead. We have done that on two separate weekends now. So far LO is doing okay and hasn't gotten sick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We went had a day out of town fri and went to the Chiro, then out to lunch, then to Target, and spent a few hours at Pump it Up for my cousins son's bday party. It was nice to get out since we all have been sick.

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options

We've only had a few days when we've stayed at home! We've gone so stir crazy and have had to get out!

We haven't done anything major, but we've done Target, multiple trips to the mall, lunch, dinner, grocery shopping, walks and one trip to a friend's house (no kids at her house, I sure don't want to expose baby to other kid germs yet!).

I think it's important to do whatever keeps you sane, and if that means taking an hour to bundle you and your baby up, plus, nurse, then nurse again, change a diaper, pack the diaper bag, check the diaper again and finally get her in the car seat, then it's worth it! Ha! It's been really good for DH and me to at least try to make life look a bit "normal" even the boring kind of normal stuff we love (like getting coffee and then doing a big Costco trip). 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We've visited out of town family, gone to BRU/TRU, and to Motherhood for bras, lol. I'd love to go for walks but it's been bitterly cold and windy lately.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    At 4 days we went to target. Since then we've been to the grocery store many times and target two other times. To the mall twice, families houses, a wedding, Applebee's, church... Tomorrow we are going to the dentist then taking a walk and getting coffee downtown. Well I'm getting coffee, she'll get it later in my milk ; Her being 2 for me it takes me maybe 5 minutes to get ready and out the door. I don't want to go stir crazy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Also DH has the flu and DS and I are having mild symptoms, thank you vaccine for not making us for real sick, so I'm over the flu paranoia. She got a little cough and some sneezes, but that's it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Oh, we've been out and about quite a bit! We travelled 8 1/2 hours away two weeks after DS was born to be for 3 weeks over the holidays, and we were out and about up there as well. Granted, we kept LO covered when we were in public, but it didn't seem to be an issue. 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Options
    Wow I guess we need to get out more. I'm glad to see everyone is out and about. I think I have been very nervous since she is so young.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    My girl is 3 weeks old and I still can't imagine taking her to a place with crowds. We go on walks in the open air but I refuse to take her to a store or anything until 6 to 8 weeks. Whooping cough is insane here and babies can die from that! I just want her to get stronger before letting her be exposed. If I took her out and she got something I just couldn't forgive myself, even if I am being over protective.
  • Options

We've definitely been out besides doctors visits. We've been to my work a few times so my co-workers can see her and I had to do some banking while there. We have been out to eat quite a few times, runs to Target and Kroger's, and yesterday we were at DH work so his co-workers could visit.

I definitely would have went nuts had I stayed in the house and not went anywhere.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Nope just drs apts so far....of course w/ twins who were preemies it's kind of a different situation. Even though they're doing great they technically "should" still be inside babies and our ped has told us to be very cautious taking them out in public esp. during one of the worst flu seasons ever. What's nice though is that my family lives really close by so I've had company...and help....almost every day. I am starting to get a bit stir crazy now that I'm feeling better from the C/S. MIL might come and watch the LOs this weekend so DH and I could go to church and lunch together....that would be nice!
  • Options
    The second day home from the hospital we went to visit friends who were leaving town for the holidays and it turned out to be a Christmas dinner at their parents place. LO was passed all around, but they were healthy ppl. I take her around town when I have to do errands, so a few times so far. If I think strangers will touch her, I put her in the sling (our friendly fabric shop for example), and they tend to just peek in. We've also taken her for several walks, the first when she was a week old. She wears a warm suit with hat and hood, and I tuck her in my coat with it zipped to her neck. It's below freezing here with snow on the ground, so we don't stay out too long, just enough for the dog to run around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"