Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Nipple too fast?

Hi! I EBF however SO had to give DD her first bottle of pumped milk the other day when I was caught in holiday traffic on the way home from wal mart. Luckily she had no objection to the tommee tippee bottle!

She only had one ounce from the bottle so I gave her the rest to see of she'd accept the bottle from me as well and she did! I was happy but I noticed that most of the milk was running out of the corners of her mouth. She never choked though just kept on drinking. I hate to waste that milk!! Is this user error or do you think I should find a slower flow nipple? I'm using the ones that came with the little 5oz bottles which I'm assuming are the slow flow... TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nipple too fast?

• Options
    I had hand me down bottles and bought new nipples so I don't know what comes in the package, but the slow flow nipples I have for TT have a 1 on them near the rim. I had the same issue today of the milk running out of the side of her mouth even with the 1. I think there's a big learning curve. She was mad about the bottle so she refused to swallow. :o all wasted :,,,,,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What number is on the nipple? If its 1, that is their slow flow. However even their slow flow is faster.

It also may be the baby getting used to a bottle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use the Playtex Nurser slow flow nipples and they are fantastic. And it has a similar flow to me so it works well for my LO. I would recommend one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• Options
    I pump and bottle feed. We use the playtex nurser slow flow but DD always leaks at her corners when she gets tired, like she can't maintain mouth posture
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"