VBAC
Options

vbac vs rcs??

i know im way too early to be overly concerned about this but its been weighing on my mind today. my insurance has a $5K maternity deductible and then pays 100%. without going into details- dd was an emergency cs and her delivery cost me almost $10K out of pocket due to fine print. if i do a scheduled c section then this delivery will cost me $5K, if i attempt a vbac and its successful it will be $5K and if i attempt a vbac and fail-ending up with an unscheduled csection it will be close to $10K again. also- if i have a cs i get 2 more weeks disability pay. so my question is-does it make sense to plan a vbac assuming i go into labor on my own but go ahead and schedule a rcs for 41 weeks-ish? i know that my chances for a successful vbac go way up if i go into labor naturally. im honestly afraid to cost my family an extra $5K if my chances aren't great of being succesful....this is on my list for discussion at my next ob appt in 3 weeks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: vbac vs rcs??

• Options

Wow, that's insanely crappy.  I'm sorry that your insurance works that way.  That's just not fair! 

Obviously this is a decision that you need to make for yourself, but the health of myself and my child is not something I'm willing to compromise on.  I don't know the details of your situation, but for me, it's safer to attempt a vaginal delivery than to have another C/S.  I would pay the additional OOP if that meant a better, safer delivery.  I also wouldn't be willing to put myself on a deadline by scheduling a RCS and seeing whether I make it to that date or not.  For me, committing to attempting a VBAC was really committing to it and I've done everything I can to up my chances of success. 

GL!

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    yes i know its really crappy but my job doesnt offer insurance and dh's is insanely expensive. its one of those pay less in premiums and pay more when you actually use it (not often) type of situations.....it is what it is and now i get to deal with this issue....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What do you see as the reason vaginal is safer? I've had 2 cs's am not sure they'll let me try for a VBAC this time, but I really want to try! The decision for a cs last time was due to the surgeon's scheduleperhaps a poor choice, in retrospect, esp. since we had family nearby, then. This time around, I have upstairs bedrooms, basement laundry, plus 2 toddlers, so the extra recovery is more my concern. Thanks for sharing your view.

• Options
    Oh, FYI, the first cs I had was due to my baby in breech pos., not discovered until I was in labor.

Even though ins. isn't my issue, I guess I feel like I can relate bc my hubby's concern w/ attempting a VBAC is that whatifyouhavetohaveacsanyway thing.
  • Options

the recovery with a vaginal is so much easier, from what I've heard.  Its just more natural, and that is why I'm doing a trial of labor, hoping for a vbac.

I would not focus on the money issues, you should do what your heart tells you.  I can relate though, I lose 2 weeks of disability pay if I have a VBAC too. 

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"