Maryland Babies

Mella&T

Are you as scared as I am about having a boy?  GAH!  I told DH that he's on diaper duty for the first few months!
image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/

Re: Mella&T

• Butting in...  I made DH change the diapers whenever possible until DS was all healed up from his circ. I told DH as soon as we found put DS was a boy that he was handling all penis related issues until DS was old enough to take care of things himself!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • ::butting in:: Having a boy is no biggie! Just be careful with the diaper changes at first Wink DS isn't circ'd and we've had zero penis issues. Honestly, if we have a girl next, I will be scared! I feel like a "boy mom" now if that makes any freaking sense. ::butting out::

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha, I'm nervous but more about how to be a "boy mom". I feel like all I know is girl stuff and I'm pretty girly myself so it'll be a change, but I'm definitely excited. I hear all the time that the bond between a boy and his mama is really special so I'm looking forward to hopefully having that with him. I think I just need to get used to the idea of dirt and trucks and superheroes! :)

I honestly didn't even think about the diapering differences! I guess I'll be quick to cover him up during changes! :)

ETA: I think you just adapt to the mom you need to be. Like SK said she'd be nervous to have a girl but as girl mom I say it's so easy and natural. Goes both ways!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also butting in--the worse part of the changing is the how painful his penis will look.  DH became a pro at putting the vasoline in the perfect spot on his diaper.  Getting peed on is inevitable so just be on alert, but I also heard from a friend of mine that his daughter peed on him all the time when she was a NB, so I guess it doesn't matter what gender it is :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Butting in too... wait until they are older and you'll really notice a difference between a boy and a girl.  DD is content to play in one area, DS climbs on everything and destroys my house.  His appetite is also twice as big as DD's.  I excited for you all to have your seconds :) 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally butting in but I am scared to have a girl and keeping all her lady parts clean, wiping the right direction, etc.

And I am such a girlie girl but the way J needs me like no one else in the world right now is so so special. Little boys LOVE their mommies. Plus, I never thought I'd be in to playing with trucks, trains, and puddles. But the joy on his face is enough to make me love it as much as I'd love ruffles, bows, and baby dolls. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Haha changing a boy diaper is fine!  I think DS has peed on me 5 times in the past 8 months, maybe not even that.  and I am not especially fast at diaper changes either.  We didn't circ so didn't have to deal with that.

I love having a boy!  We definitely have a very different bond, even as young as he is, than H and he do.  He's a total mama's boy :-)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagengentile:

Butting in too... wait until they are older and you'll really notice a difference between a boy and a girl.  DD is content to play in one area, DS climbs on everything and destroys my house.  His appetite is also twice as big as DD's.  I excited for you all to have your seconds :) 

Also butting in.  The bolded describes my DD, she peed on us multiple times when she was a baby, and eats like she'll never get another meal, so I guess you just never know!

IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
  • imageweezie825:
    Butting in...  I made DH change the diapers whenever possible until DS was all healed up from his circ. I told DH as soon as we found put DS was a boy that he was handling all penis related issues until DS was old enough to take care of things himself!

Thats what I said!! People keep telling me it's gross! ;)

image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • It does look bad.  The main thing is to use lots of vaseline or A&D ointment so that the little guys' little guy doesn't stick to the diaper.  BUT not to use so much that the diaper won't absord pee and leak. 

Thankfully it healed up pretty quickly.  I think it was healed before his belly button was.

• imageweezie825:

It does look bad.  The main thing is to use lots of vaseline or A&D ointment so that the little guys' little guy doesn't stick to the diaper.  BUT not to use so much that the diaper won't absord pee and leak. 

Thankfully it healed up pretty quickly.  I think it was healed before his belly button was.

I didn't even think about the poor kid healing from this...I hope it is fast like you say. There's so much to worry about those first few weeks...it's a shock we all get through it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"