Cincinnati Babies
Options

Moving to the area

Hi all.  We are moving to the Cincinnati area before the end of the year.  I was hoping to get recomendations on nice suburbs / areas or even subdivisions for us to look in.  We are moving from out of state and don't know anything about the city.  We have a 2 year old and 5 month old.  Schools and parks, etc will be important to us.  Thanks so much for the help!

Re: Moving to the area

• Options
    I am assuming your moving here for work. Where will you/DH be working, that would give an idea of what areas to maybe suggest.
  • Options
    What side of town will you and your H work? Traffic can be bad, especially commuting on 75, so you will definitely want to factor that in. Traffic usually moves well on the Norwood Lateral and the Ronald Reagan.
    We live in Madeira. It is a nice, small suburb very close to downtown with small, but highly rated schools. I also like Blue Ash. It is a bigger area, and the schools are much bigger, but the schools are great with a lot of options. Blue Ash also has a wonderful rec center that I'm jealous of. You can get a bigger house for the money if you are further from town, but I wouldn't want to commute from West Chester to downtown, so it depends where you will be working.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely depends on where you'll be commuting to and what kind of community you're looking for. Cincinnati has a lot of very different communities, so a little more specifics about where you're from and what you'd like would help us a lot!
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    Ditto what people said.  There are a lot of really great communities around here, but all depends on where you're driving from to work.  Traffic can be a bear.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    Hi! My two kids are the same age as yours! Let us know what are you are working. Also if you'd like to join our Facebook group, let me know!
    Two under two! Here we come!
  • Options
    I moved here from out of state a year an a half ago. We are in west Chester and so far really like it. It's north. Also mason and Deerfield township were good with us.

I'd be happy to recommend my realtor. It was a corporate move. She did a great job and has since become a friend. She has a young son so she's very helpful.

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"