Dads & Dads-to-be

San Diego Vacation

The wife and I are heading to San Diego for a little babymoon next weekend.  So if you live there or have visited, is there anything in particular we should try to do?

Re: San Diego Vacation

• Old Town is MUST SEE!!!

Mission Beach

Zoo is MUST SEE!!!

La Jolla

Coronado

• Never been there, but I know that the zoo is a world class one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to my city! I would offer to show you around or grab a beer, but I am going to be busy as balls this weekend, sadly.

The good news for you is it is off-season. The bad news is, there's a reason it is off season. I agree that Coronado is a must-see, and Old Town is definitely fun to wander around and has some great (if slightly overpriced) Mexican food. I love the zoo, but if you have a good one in your city it might be skippable if pressed for time. It's located in Balboa Park, which is awesome in it's own right.

I also agree that La Jolla is fun to walk around, just be prepared for the fact everything there is overpriced. I forget if the seals are currently at the children's pool or not.

Obviously there's a lot more to San Diego than just those hot tourist spots, but those are the big ones to see your first time, I think.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • It is actually next weekend (MLK weekend) so I demand a tour and a beer! haha

Thanks for the tips everyone.  The only thing we really knew about was the zoo.  I do want to take a drive up to the Stone Bistro and Gardens as well.  I'll look into these other places.

• imagePrime:

It is actually next weekend (MLK weekend) so I demand a tour and a beer! haha

Thanks for the tips everyone.  The only thing we really knew about was the zoo.  I do want to take a drive up to the Stone Bistro and Gardens as well.  I'll look into these other places.

Stone is AWESOME. Definitely do the tour. Get your reservation when you walk in the door, then hang out in the gardens.

I highly recommend Stone Brewery's Smoked Porter. Arrogant Bastard is a must try too, of course, but they have it in the tasting room, and a whole beer of it can be a bit much.

Any idea when you're going to Stone? My crew is *really* easy to convince to go to Stone, and we haven't had a man date in a while.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • I'm not sure when we'll head that way yet.  I am a big fan of Arrogant Bastard.  Their Smoked Porter is one of my favorite cigar beers.  I'm hoping to get my hands on some of their Enjoy By IPA.

• I've only been to SD for work, but there are some great restaurants, get lost and try anything and everything that's non chain.

There is also a wild life park down there, I heard it's pretty awesome to see all of the animals roaming around.

Have fun dude!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"