December 2010 Moms

Vent about my DH

I don't like to complain but I am so peeved- and the more I think about it the more I get peeved.

I bought the boys the play kitchen from IKEA the other day while we were there.  So yesterday I put it together.  When DH came home I showed him, he acted all upset since I know he thinks they don't need a kitchen. The boys got up, and loved the kitchen- they were playing nicely and so finally he came into the playroom and I leave to make dinner-literally they are in the payroom with him for 10 minutes and he is bitching about them climbing on top of the thing and on and on- but here is the kicker- he does NOTHING to stop them or to get them off.  He just sits on his ass and watches them.  Then he says to me- "I am not being a hostage to that thing- if the climbing doesn't stop then it is going away". WTF.  When I went in there after dinner John was on top- while my DH was just sittting there- I said get down- he got down.  And today they have NOT attempted to climb it.

I have come to the conclusion that my DH lets them do whatever they want, and they know it- which explains why they are stinkers around him and for him.  He doesn't " want to always tell them NO".  I so wanted to scream at him- it is called PARENTING there are rules and YOU have to enforce them.

Re: Vent about my DH

• Hope it just fades over and he ease into the role :)
    <3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • I'm sorry.  I've been there too and it's frustrating.  Mine is more with my mother than my DH.   The "he's just a baby" excuse doesn't cut it, tell him no or that baby is going to grow up and be an a$$hat that doesn't listen and thinks the world revolves around him.  Tell your DH to man up.... if you wanted to be a single parent you wouldn't have married him.  GL and best wishes that he gets more helpful soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry about your DH, but good luck.  My DS loves the Ikea kitchen too and I bet the climbing on it will be very short lived.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH only wants to do the "fun" things too! Men are pains :) Hopefully they get used to the kitchen and forget about the climbing. You can always tell your DH he is welcome to take them out of the house rather than the play room....
    imageimage
  • Do you think your H has a problem with disciplining the boys (it's a hassle, therefor he doesn't want to deal with it?) or does he take issue with the BOYS playing with a kitchen (sometimes viewed as a girl toy?). Just curious. 

Sorry he's being a pain!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNicole0012:
    Do you think your H has a problem with disciplining the boys it's a hassle, therefor he doesn't want to deal with it? or does he take issue with the BOYS playing with a kitchen sometimes viewed as a girl toy?. Just curious.nbsp;Sorry he's being a pain! nbsp;

That's my question too. Is he "that" guy or is this not the first he's had problems with disciplining the boys?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Ugh, that's so annoying!  I think if my DH did that, I'd totally snap at his a$$.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejarebearsmom:
    imageNicole0012:
    Do you think your H has a problem with disciplining the boys it's a hassle, therefor he doesn't want to deal with it? or does he take issue with the BOYS playing with a kitchen sometimes viewed as a girl toy?. Just curious.nbsp;Sorry he's being a pain! nbsp;
    That's my question too. Is he "that" guy or is this not the first he's had problems with disciplining the boys?

That's my question too.  But no matter what the answer is, it sucks that he's not taking on a bigger, stronger parenting role.  When you both are feeling calm, try to have a talk with him about parenting.  If you think he won't listen to you, you could try to engage your pediatrician.  Your H could come to the boys checkup and hear the parenting message from the pedi, not from you.

Sorry he's being a buttt about it.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • DH used to pull that all the time too! It got to a point where E only wanted to be with me and I had to have a chat with DH about it. He was mad at the time but he's gradually gotten. Bit better. Good luck and hugs!!
  • imagelulu8109:
    Ugh, that's so annoying!  I think if my DH did that, I'd totally snap at his a$$.

This. Sorry he's being a jerk. 

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"