Georgia Babies

Northside Delivery ?

I posted this under another subject but I think it kind of got buried. 

What was your experience having a toddler with you at labor and delivery at Northside? Or I guess a better question is do you know their policy on having children in the room with you after delivery? I will be delivering there in late Feb/early March and we are still trying to decide what to do with our almost 3 year old son when the time comes. 

We had our son there in 2010, but ignored the "other children" drill cause it didn't apply to us at the time. We don't have any family close and are weighing our options about if and who our "on call" person/people should be. 

Thank you! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Northside Delivery ?

• My 2 year old came to visit soon after I delivered. Siblings are ok!
  • Yeah... DD came to visit us every day that were at Northside. She was not allowed to go in with us to visit DD2 in ICU at Northside (she was allowed in CICU at Egleston). However, with how big the flu season is, there may be a chance that the rules might change at Northside? You might want to double check with them.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure of their policy about kids in labor and delivery, but siblings of any age were allowed to visit after delivery. I had a planned CS with out second and our 3 year old came to visit the day after we delivered and each day afterwards.
    I know they can change the rules if there are big outbreaks of flu and illness though. My friend delivered there during the whole swine flu outbreak in 2009 and they locked that place down tight. It's worth a call to ask what there current policy is.
    Good luck with your delivery!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son happened to be in the room when I delivered our daughter because It happened very quickly and our friend who was going to watch him didn't get there in time.  No one seemed to have a problem with him being there.  My husband entertained him with the Ipad.   My delivery was very quick though (we were at the hospital only about 30 mins before she was born) so there wasn't much time needed to entertain him.  I know they have a policy that only the siblings can visit if they are are under 12 years old. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJulesDiane:
    Yeah... DD came to visit us every day that were at Northside. She was not allowed to go in with us to visit DD2 in ICU at Northside (she was allowed in CICU at Egleston). However, with how big the flu season is, there may be a chance that the rules might change at Northside? You might want to double check with them.

This.  It's pretty serious this year so if you can find alternate care you really should

• Any visitors under the age of 12 have to be a sibling. They usually want an adult that is assigned to the sibling in the event that there is an emergency someone can watch the kid when ur significant other goes with you/the new baby. Only 3 ppl total are allowed in the labor room. Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"