Preemies
Options

Having a tough day!

I'm having a high and low day! On a high from the pediatrist where baby Parker gained a few oz's and is just over 6lbs now at 36 weeks BUT the doc told me to change several things I am doing in my 5 days home from the nicu and I feel lost without my routine and Parker has been screaming all day 1 stop putting Vaseline in his penis as the circumcision is healing 2 stop using the nipple shield ! 3 stop pumping after each feeding and thentopping him off with a bottle just breast feed and he'll get "used to it"i was following my nicu routine 4 have Hubby only do 1 breast milk bottle feed a night for me to sleep not 3ish like we were i would sleep and just wake up to pump and then I won't have to pump and Parker can just feed off the breast. SO it's been a tough day I feel like I am starving him AND he won't nurse one of my boobs without the shield lol. I know this is all TMI but I thought I was doing well from sat he was 5lbs 13oz to today wed he was 6lbs 3oz I hope the new routine can work, I feel lost. Also he is crying every time I put him down today so I am letting him sleep in my arms is that bad?

Thanks for listening ladies
3 Missy
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Having a tough day!

• Options
    [quote definitely not bad to hold him while he sleeps! Enjoy it while he is still little and wants to!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Sorry about that last post- it didn't work from my phone. 

I just wanted to agree with the post above mine.  Hold your little one as much as you can and don't feel bad about it!  Before you know it, he'll be to big.

I hope your day gets better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't understand why the pedi wants you to change what you are already doing, especially if it's working and everyone (mommy, daddy, and baby) is doing great.  And there is NOTHING wrong with holding your baby all day long at this point.  You can't spoil him at this stage.

I know that when we first got home from the NICU, we were following the strict eat every 3 to 4 hours and wouldn't let her eat early.  She was actually cluster-feeding and would want to eat every 30 to 45 minutes in the evenings and go 4 hours in the morning.  This worked much better for us, she gained weight, and everyone was happy. 

GL and I hope that you are able to get into a good routine where everyone is happy. 

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Hang in there!  Something that I always keep in mind too is that the Dr's are there to provide suggestions.  As long as you arent doing anything to harm/hurt baby then sometimes you need to do what you think is best.  If you're having trouble without the sheild keep using it, maybe another few days try again.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"