Pre-School and Daycare

Anyone else's LO constantly pretend like they are a puppy or kitty?

My son has been acting like he is a kitty named Square for about 2 months. Sometimes he switches it up and is a puppy. This is an everyday thing. I do think its funny & cute, but just wondering if anyone else's does something similar...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else's LO constantly pretend like they are a puppy or kitty?

• yes - we have this at our house.

Not all the time, but often - almost every day for at least some amount of time.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yes....DS is 3.5 and pretends he is a dog almost everyday.  He also has an imaginary puppy who he blames for things he does.  His puppy is "nice."  He also has an imaginary cat who is mean. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My 4 year old pretends to be a kitty sometimes.  Apparently they play 'family' at daycare and someone is the mom and someone is the dad and DS is the kitty.

It's pretty cute.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Yes, DS pretends to be a kitty every once in a while. He also had an imaginary dalmation for about a month or so, but that seems to have stopped for now. haha It's so cute.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My nearly 7 yr old still pretends to be an animal sometimes. :)
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Yup, my DD this for a few months. She hasn't for a while. Not sure why she started or why she stopped.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yes, all the time.  And then when I pop into recess time at preschool they are all playing that game on the playground.  I know they love that game, but sometimes it can get annoying!  I want to tell the kitty to be quiet so I can have my little girl back. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lol'd when I saw the title of this post!  DD does this all.the.time.  She's constantly a kitty.  "Meow, meow, meow, meow...." sometimes it actually gets a little annoying.  She calls me mama kitty a lot too which I think is funny. :)  For the first time in the car tonight with DH and I, she said she was a puppy and started "woofing."

TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes! My 3 yr old DD and 4 yr old DS play puppy/dog family all.the.time. It is relatively new and they do it almost every day. The funny thing is that they both wanted the name "George," so I have to call them both George. I actually like it because they play together so nicely with this game. It must be a phase for this age.
  • Yes. For years! My child number two finally stopped this past summer. She turned 9 in October.
  • My DD1 is a bird. She chirps, talks about living in a "habitat" and pretends to fly. 

The only downside has been that a few weeks ago, she scraped up her face trying to "fly" off the swings at preschool. We had to have a little talk about that. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Yes. thank goodness this phase died Smile, she would bark or purr.  Ask for a bowl of water and food(cereal) and would scratch at the door to be "let out". 
  • My girls like to pretend they are dogs.  They go so far as to lick us which is not that fun.  They dont do it every day but at least a couple times a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"