Baby Names

Long time lurker. Decided to join!

Hey all. Pretty much I'm a baby name freak and have been lurking on this board for longer than I am willing to admit. That said, I decided to join today. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and and found out a bit ago that I am having another girl. I have a 4 year old, Winter Katrine (Ka-Treen, I didn't misspell Kathrine lol) & a 2 year old Ivy Lucille. Both middle names have family significance. Which brings me to my question.

What do you all think of the name Calla? Pronounced Call-Uh. For a middle name we would like to stick to one that means something to us and are thinking Calla Joelle (my name is Joelle) but is it too much L sound? I'm not sure how I feel about it together. Thoughts on it together? Thoughts on just Calla? Thank you!
Sweet baby girl will be joining us in 5/13. Ivy Lucille joined us on 9/22/10. Winter Katrine joined us on 12/1/08. Became Mr. & Mrs. on 7/17/06.

Re: Long time lurker. Decided to join!

• I personally don't care for it, but I like that you are sticking with nature-y names.  Winter and Ivy ... I was going to suggest Violet. 

I think that Calla Joelle sounds fine.  Not too many Ls.  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I actually really like Calla. I think it would be cute on a little girl, and beautiful on a grown woman.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I like it. Unique and pretty. Doesn't sound too "l"y to me!
  • Love, love, love Calla. Always have. And Calla Joelle sounds fine IMO. I really like your daughters names too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemegemoney:

I personally don't care for it, but I like that you are sticking with nature-y names.  Winter and Ivy ... I was going to suggest Violet. 

I think that Calla Joelle sounds fine.  Not too many Ls.  

I do like Violet but my husband does not. He said it sounds too much like Violent. 
    Sweet baby girl will be joining us in 5/13. Ivy Lucille joined us on 9/22/10. Winter Katrine joined us on 12/1/08. Became Mr. & Mrs. on 7/17/06.
  • I like Calla-- it's very pretty.

Normally I don't care for themed sibsets, but I love the way these 3 names sound together. 

I don't think the flow if Calla Joelle is perfect, but the sentiment is nice.  I like seeing girls named after their mommies!

Have you considered Calla Jo?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• kinda cute. its different and thats what i like about it. and i dont think it is too many L's :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like Calla. Not my absolute favorite, but pretty, legit and uncommon. Calla Joelle sounds fine to me, especially if it's your name :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think Calla would be perfect. I don't love Joelle with it, but I'd keep it on the list for now.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Here's my issue - I've never heard the name Calla pronounced "Call-uh"  I've only heard it as "Cal-uh" (as in Calla Lily).  I think if you're going for a different pronunciation you're going to have to correct people a lot.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Calla is okay, but definitely too many L's when paired with Joelle.
  • I like it!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Love both names together!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like it. I think it goes well with your other DD's names and I think it flows fine with Joelle.
  • I love Calla, but I believe it is pronounced cal-uh, rather than call-uh. Like Calla Lily.

Winter, Ivy and Calla are beautiful together!

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"