December 2011 Moms

Anyone NOT walking?

My twins turned 1 on Decemeber 14. They are not walking. They have not interest at all. I asked the ped about it at their 12 mo, and he said they should be walking by 15 months. I am not worried, it's just my back is killing me! I know I still will carry them once they are walking, but I was just wondering if anyone else is not walking at this stage?

Re: Anyone NOT walking?

• Mine turned one on Nov. 26 and she's not walking yet. She will take some steps, but she doesn't really get anywhere without crawling. I know she'll walk eventually. I've never met a kid who didn't learn to walk. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My girl turned 1 on the 10th...no walking yet!   The most she does is walk around the coffee table, while holding on to it.  I'm not worried though...she's got time!
    ~*Kimberly*~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD has been cruising the furniture for 3 months but no independent steps yet.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Anthony just turned 1 on the 24th, but has no interest. He walks fine with us holding one hand but as soon as we try and let go he just sits down. He has no interest in standing by himself either.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No walking here yet either.  He turned one on 12/22.  He stands alone sometimes and has taken a couple of steps here and there, but that's it.  Just cruises and crawls everywhere.
  • DS is not walking either. He cruises on furniture but that is it.

• DS is not walking either, he is cruising and getting faster and faster, but will only walk with us holding both hands or on his walker, her still prefers crawling.

I think at one about half of babies are walking, LOs physio says that anything between 8 - 18 months is normal, and DS is progressing (i.e. getting faster, learning stairs, standing next to the table using both hands rather than holding on etc), so I am not worried, it'll happen soon enough :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Lots of cruising, but no independent walking here!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No walking here, either
    photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
  • imagekerrydonlon:
    No walking here yet either.nbsp; He turned one on 12/22.nbsp; He stands alone sometimes and has taken a couple of steps here and there, but that's it.nbsp; Just cruises and crawls everywhere.

This. DD turned one on the 23rd and is the same way. I read somewhere that average age for walking is around 13 months. I am not worried yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS turned one 12/19 and is not yet walking. He has started cruising along furniture but that's it. He walks if we hold both hands, he is not standing alone either. DD walked at 14 months and DS was born with Club Feet so I'm not concerned.
  • imagebuddrfly421:
    Anthony just turned 1 on the 24th, but has no interest. He walks fine with us holding one hand but as soon as we try and let go he just sits down. He has no interest in standing by himself either.

This exactly.  She cruises around furniture but no walking or standing yet...

• DD is scooting, and not even really crawling a lot, and for sure not walking.  Like the others have said, she takes steps when we are holding her hands, but as soon as we let go she sits down.  

• Not walking either! No steps and no standing independently.  He doesn't seem to be even remotely interested in walking.
  • DD turned 1 on 11-23 and no walking here. She is getting close though.
  • Our babies share a birthday! :o)

Holleigh isnt  REALLY walking yet either - she will stand independently and take a few steps. She will walk across the house if her destination is mommy or daddy but she wont do it without someone to walk TO ...

A friend of mine ALSO had a 12/14 baby and he isnt walking yet either :o) Sounds like your twins are just like our babies!

• DD was this way... At her first Birthday she was a "fence turtle" if she got to standing... Then a few months later she finally figured out the toddling thing but it took quite a while before she really figured out the whole walking thing...Alas, she's still working on the whole balance and walk/talk/chew gum thing...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you all. I think it's tough because big brother was RUNNING by now and all of their playmates (some younger) are walking. Trying not compare, but they manage to either get into or help each other without walking yet...fun times await us sure! 

• No walking though he pulls up on furniture and once standing can stand independently.

From what I understand, as late as 18 months is normal...

My LO didnt' crawl on his hands and knees until recently either so I would suspect he'll walk later.

\image  image

• DS is almost 13 months and cruises like crazy and is starting to stand independently for longer periods, but isn't walking.  He took about 3 steps one time (about a month ago) but nothing since.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"