Illinois Babies

ADVICE NEEDED: What to wear during labor?

Hi Ladies - I'm now in my 3rd trimester and labor is on my mind. I want to feel as human and comfortable as possible. Therefore I'd like to avoid the cold and clinical hospital gown. Any recommendations on alternatives?

I've seen some of these gowns like from Pretty Pushers. If you've tried something like that or have other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Thanks! 

Re: ADVICE NEEDED: What to wear during labor?

• Hmmm...I can't say that I have ever used a gown like that or even plan to in the future. I personally didn't have a problem with the hospital gowns and felt that they covered enough for me (If I remember correctly they wrapped around your back and tied at your side). I think Pretty Pushers definitely put a lot of thought in the design of their gown with all of their opening and reasoning behind them but I would feel more exposed in that than the regular hospital gown.Although by the time I got to the hospital after laboring at home for a while, I was ready for that epidural and you can't get out of bed once they put the line in so gown type didn't really matter at that point.

I did have one friend who was given a gown as a shower gift (though I don't remember the name of the company) and she wasn't really keen on using it because 1) it was black and white paisley design and felt that she would look like a cow and 2) didn't get the whole "designer gown" concept since the likelihood of it getting ruined from blood, etc during the actual pushing was high.

Honestly though, when it comes down to it. it's whatever you think YOU will feel comfortable in. If think you will feel batter and more comfortable with a Pretty Pusher or other gown like it, go for it. Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honestly, I didn't care at that point.  They gave me two gowns when I was walking around so I didn't feel exposed. 

Whatever you plan on wear, plan on wear it once.  Giving birth is messy.

Invest your money in a good supportive nursing bra if you're going to breastfeed.  Pajama pants that fit you in your 3rd trimester. A good pair of slippers to wear at the hospital and roomy shoes to wear on your way out.

Be more concerned with what you can lounge around in after you give birth. 

• Loading the player...
  • Anything you wear will get ruined so I would just wear the hospital gown. That was seriously the most comfortable thing I could have worn at that point anyway. I'd rather invest in comfy clothes to wear after delivery!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"