North Carolina Babies

Raleigh OB Recommendations

Hi! I am a first time mom and new resident to Raleigh. My husband and I have lived here less than a year and need some recommendations for a good OB/GYN. I have asked a few co-workers and got conflicting reports - which I am sure is standard for every doctor and hospital.

Recommendations include Blue Ridge OB/GYN, Atrium and Kamm McKenzie. Anyone have any experience with these groups? I would like to have a natural delivery. Also any suggestions on questions I should ask the doctors would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, in advance, for all the help!

Re: Raleigh OB Recommendations

• I am with Kamm Mckenzie and while I havent seen them for this pregnancy yet, they were great with my miscarriage.  I saw 3 drs and all 3 of them were great.

They deliver at Wake Med, which I prefer since they have the NICU there.  I imagine the other 2 places would deliver at Rex since they are so close to Rex, which isn't a bad choice either, I was born there :)

Good luck!

Both conceived using 7.5 mg Femara+Ovidrel+IUI

• I go to Wilkerson Ob/Gyn, which is next to Rex.  I really like them.  I had a great experience with my pregnancy last year as well as with my miscarriage two years ago.  Several of my co-workers go to them as well and have had positive experiences as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I second Wilkerson!  They are wonderful!  I really like everyone of their doctors and I didn't care which one was on call when I delivered.  I also like that there is only one male doctor.  I prefer a female OB so that was one reason I chose this practice.

It's one of the oldest practices in Raleigh and I've never heard any complaints about them.  I also love that I never had to wait for an apt. So often I feel like you go to the doctors and then wait 30 min. past your apt time to be seen.  This has never happened for me there but I also have never felt rushed with the doctor either.

I went to Blue Ridge before switching and I changed because I was not happy with the care I was getting there.  I was having fertility issues and I was TTGP and they weren't really exploring any options with me.  When I decided to switch, I called over and just had an office visit with one of the docs. She reviewed my chart and spent over an hour just getting to know me and my history.  It was refreshing to spend that much one-on-one time with a doc and I found it much easier to think of all my questions when I wasn't wearing a paper gown.

I also believe that Rex is a wonderful place to deliver.  I had a very positive experience!  Rex does have a Special Care Nursery and cares for preemie babies as well.  You should consider doing a tour of both hospitals if you are new to the area so that you can pick one that you will be comfortable with.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for the suggestions. We have decided to go with Atrium. We liked Rex Hospital and a currently pregnant friend recommended them. Thanks again!
  • imageskcarter:
    Thank you for the suggestions. We have decided to go with Atrium. We liked Rex Hospital and a currently pregnant friend recommended them. Thanks again!

Glad you found a practice that you like!  I've heard great things about Atrium as well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations!  We're looking forward to taking care of you during that special time.  Let us know if there are any questions, concerns or special requests you have in advance or during you stay.

- Your friends at Rex :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"