Success after IF
Options

?? possible twins

So on Sat 12/1 @ 11am, I had two follies (15 & 17mm). My RE told me to take my ovidrel on Sun 12/2 at 10pm, and we scheduled my IUI for Tues 12/4 at 9am. What are the chances that BOTH follies matured and made it? My RE said on Sat 12/1 "Your chances of twins with clomid is very slim", but I am wondering if she jinx'ed me!! I know you can't answer for sure, and I have my first u/s scheduled next week. Any thoughts!?!?! 
8.7.04 Married the Man
7.16.11 Welcomed the Boy (#1)
8.19.13 Welcomed the Boy (#2)

Re: ?? possible twins

• Options
    It is possible that follies of that size would both have been in the mature range by the time you ovulated. What were your beta numbers?

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Options
    I had 2 mature follicles 2x on clomid with an IUI. I have one child. My RE said there was a slight increase for twins but it wasn't significant. It is very possible, there are several reality shows with quints+ that were results of IUIs.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had 3 and 4 follies with Femara with both pregnancies and have always just had a singleton.  I think the chances of twins with Clomid (while being monitored) is something like 7-10%?  I could be wrong as I can't remember the stats. I have PCOS so in my case I've always had more follies but possibly not mature eggs in each follie. Is this your first cycle on Clomid? I think your history can indicate what your chances might be. But in the end you never know until your u/s. Good luck!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

As someone who did a single embryo transfer and had twins - I'm going to say there is always a chance!

I don't think Beta #'s are a reliable indicator, mine were on the low normal side with the twins.  Good luck 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think the High Order Multiples on the t.v. shows were the result of injectibles+IUI, weren't they?  

I found a stat on Clomid that said 7.98 percent of resulting pregnancies on clomid resulted in multiples:  6.9 percent twins; 0.5 percent triplets; quads 0.3 percent; quints 0.1 percent. 

FYI, there is a website out there with stats on betas for single births, twins, triplets, etc., but I don't remember what it is.  I'm sure you could search it and find it. However, my betas were always really high (like over the triplet range for the number of days post-iui I was) and I only had a single baby cooking in there. I think he just implanted early because I got a positive pregnancy test 9 days post IUI.

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options

Hard to say.  I have a friend that did clomid (first round) with IUI's and is pregnant with triplets. 

For me- I did clomid +injectibles.  For all 3 of my pregnancies I have had 3 or more measurable follicicles over 19mm.  I have only been pregnant with a singleton each time. 

Hard to know!

Good luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers *all conceived with b2b iui's/injectibles.
  • Options

I know a clomid +TI= twins IRL and a clomid+TI=twins on the boards so it is possible.

DS2 is the result of follistim +TI with (1) 18.5mm and (1) 18mm follies at trigger. This pregnancy is follistim +IUI with (1) 19mm and (1) 18mm follies at trigger. Both are singleton pregnancies.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy! If you triggered with two follies you have to be prepared for twins. That being said, I think the statistical chance of twins is very low. Maybe 8% or something close to that. GL!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    THANKS FOR ALL THE AWESOME RESPONSES LADIES!! I know a lot of you said that beta's weren't really an indicator for you. But, because someone asked, mine were normal (103, 230, and 2286). I guess only time will tell, and I'll find out at next week's u/s!!!
    8.7.04 Married the Man
    7.16.11 Welcomed the Boy (#1)
    8.19.13 Welcomed the Boy (#2)

• Options

Come back and let us know after next week's ultrasound how many are in there!

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"