1st Trimester

HCG question

I recently found out I am pg.  Only about 4.5 weeks.  I had very slight spotting and went to the ER.  I had a pelvic exam, which the dr said everything looked ok.  Cervix was closed and no sight of anymore blood.  Also I had a blood hcg test and the result was 226.  I had to go today to get another blood test and the result was 178.  Has anyone had this happen and still had a viable pregnancy?  Should I be concerned my numbers aren't doubling?

Re: HCG question

• Wait your numbers went down?

Your first number was 226 how many days after was it 178?

Did the doctor say anything.. are they doing another blood test?

• I'm sorry to tell you but unfortunately if the numbers have gone down, especially by that margin, it is most likely a chemical pregnancy.  I'm sorry I can't have any good news about that, and I am very sorry for your loss.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Im sorry to say but I've never heard of a viable pregnancy whereat number went down. it doesn't always have to double but it should have gone up of it were viable. Sounds like a chemical pregnancy! Im really sorry!!
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• nattnnattn member
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. It sounds like you're having a chemical pregnancy. The only time I've ever heard of a pregnancy being viable after HCG goes down is lab error and that usually doesn't happen. Is your doctor sending you for another draw or anything?
  • Read my siggy. Mine dropped before doubling and I know another woman whose numbers did the same. However both of ours started out considerably lower than your's so I can't be sure it's the same. The other woman I know who had this happen told me that her dr said that if betas are done before the missed period they don't always double right away. Granted this is rare and the majority of dropping numbers unfortunately result in a loss. Your doctor needs to be doing more tests to make sure of what is happening and either watch them come back up or make sure they drop properly. I'm sorry you are going through this and I wish you the best of luck! Just try to keep your chin up until you know more. (((HUGS)))

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• I was pregnant with my first about two years ago.  I had spotting as well, my cervix was closed, but there was no longer a heart beat. Just a few short days later I began naturally miscarrying my baby.  I'm sorry but I don't think things are right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"