Natural Birth
Options

GBS+?

So I got my GBS results yesterday, ugh...it is positive. My midwife suggested a number of natural remedies and a retest. She gave me a long sheet and we discussed several options. I can't seem to get a fix on what is the most effective.  I really want to do a needle free birth, but I will obviously do what is best for my baby. Thanks in advance!!

Did anyone here try natural remedies for GBS+?

What did you do? And for how long? 

Did it work? 

TTC Since 3/2010
Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

Re: GBS+?

• Options
    I've seen many posters on this board over the years report success with garlic suppositories. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Not what you asked but I wanted to give support!  I was GBS+ with my son and delivered naturally.  My water broke at the start of labor and I did say yes to the antibiotics.  I was administered two rounds but it did not effect my delivery! Basically, it felt like the end of the world when I got the results but, in reality, so much more would be worse.

Good luck!!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks everyone. Im taking vitamin c, probiotics, grapefruit seed extract, and I tried the garlic suppository last night. This was all stuff suggested by my midwife, not just Internet medical advice. I was really hoping to avoid the garlic suppository.  The garlic is revolting and I keep smelling it even though it is long gone.

This is probably TMI, but it was quite difficult to insert (wrapped in gauze, as per my instructions) due to the lack of lubrication that is typically accompanied with anything that usually entering that zone. 

TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options

You might not be able to rid your system of it in time at 37 weeks but you can possibly reduce it with various things.

My midwife said they have great success with fem dophilus. I am taking it from week 25 on to reduce the risk of being gbs+. Here is a link online for it:

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=JF-1021

During labot the results of having 1 dose of antibiotics within 4 hrs of birth reduces risk to babies so much, and if you have 2 doses the risk is practically 0. If you are still positive, you may not need to be hooked up for long. I think 20 minutes every 4 hours of labor is what I read. Unless in the hospital, they may have their own procedures.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was also GBS positive and I didn't try any home remedies, but just wanted to try and ease your mind about it all. I had a completely natural delivery. The 2 rounds of antibiotics weren't bad at all and each round lasted less than 30 minutes. So, as soon as the drips were done, I was able to move about again. I was pretty dismayed when I got the results, but in the end it really didn't matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"