December 2010 Moms
Options

FP Rock-N-Play recall

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015

Re: FP Rock-N-Play recall

• Options
    I thought that was only a matter of time!  There was definitely someone on here whose LO slept in it for a while only to find the mold problem.  I just can't remember who it was. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My new baby sleeps on this every night! I read the recall notice, but I have 2 probably dumb questions. 1 if I keep an eye on it and don't see mold, I'm good? Or should I return it? 2 it talks about 2 kinds of stores you could have purchased from. Mine is from the shelves at BRU, not online order. Is this the problem type of purchase, or the ok kind? Sorry, but I feel mentally shot right now and just need someone to tell me what to do :/
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagedee12807:
    My new baby sleeps on this every night! I read the recall notice, but I have 2 probably dumb questions. 1 if I keep an eye on it and don't see mold, I'm good? Or should I return it? 2 it talks about 2 kinds of stores you could have purchased from. Mine is from the shelves at BRU, not online order. Is this the problem type of purchase, or the ok kind? Sorry, but I feel mentally shot right now and just need someone to tell me what to do :/

Here's the instructions from them:

https://service.mattel.com/us/recall/English%20Rock'nPlaySleeperFinal%20instructions.pdf

They aren't taking them back - it's just about how to clean it. 

image   image

• Options

imagedee12807:

I think you just need to be thorough with how well you clean them. One poster a loooooong time ago recommended taking out the insert, bleaching it, and letting it dry in the sun. I didn't look at the cleaning instructions, but I think if you clean it, you're good.

I, personally, loved the RnP. It was my #1 baby must-have! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I do clean mine often since she sleeps in there every night, so hopefully we're good!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelrn327:
    I thought that was only a matter of time!  There was definitely someone on here whose LO slept in it for a while only to find the mold problem.  I just can't remember who it was. 

I totally remember this!!
  • Options
    We loved the RnP.  Jackson slept in it for four months!  I really didn't wash it very often and it was never dirty or moldy :). I did, however, put a thick blanket down in the cradle before laying J down.....and he was swaddled.  So he never actually touched the material?!
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagemands629:

So, I heard this yesterday and checked mine last night.  There was mold!  I do clean it, but I think because P is a regular spitter-uper, there is no way that I can really control the moisture.  I bleached the crap out of it and oxicleaned it like crazy last night and left it to air dry. 

But here's my thought, there is no way to completely guarentee that the mold is gone between the hard plastic frame and the non-removable cover.  There is also no way to say 100% it is dry after cleaning it according to the method they have posted.  I called FP to say this, and they are issuing another one to me.  I guess from now on he'll be sleeping on a blanket over it.  I don't think I'll be 100% comfortable with him sleeping on it, but I know he still needs to be elevated because of his reflux.

yuck!  Yeah, you'd have to open the stitching to check the inside.

I checked mine last night and we're good.  (Mine has little holes in the plastic so maybe it's one of the newer ones that isn't included - I didn't purchase it so I don't know)  Also, it's so fricking dry here it's almost a challenge to grow mold. 

image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"