April 2013 Moms

Appropriate donation for baptism?

I just booked the baptism for end of May. What is an appropriate donation to give considering there are no fees to have the baptism there? I really have no clue.

First time Momma to be! Due April 5th!

Re: Appropriate donation for baptism?

• We gave $100 for DD.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• Every church/community is different.  I am the office manager at my church and have never had a donation from a MEMBER come across my desk (though people may give a gift of some sort to the pastor???) and only occasionally have seen it for a non-member.  I suppose it would be different if classes were involved or you had to meet with the Pastor/Priest a few times.

That said, it is rare for a church to not need some extra $$--an offering of any amount would be appreciated, I am sure!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, I am suprised to hear that most folks dont donate. What a shame! We do have to take one class for an hour. We will defintely give a donation. We are new members of the church and like it there and like you said, i am sure they need the money to keep things going. I was thinking $100.00 and was afraid that would be too cheap but maybe not.. i think they will appreciate it. Thanks!

imageCougFan:

Every church/community is different.  I am the office manager at my church and have never had a donation from a MEMBER come across my desk (though people may give a gift of some sort to the pastor???) and only occasionally have seen it for a non-member.  I suppose it would be different if classes were involved or you had to meet with the Pastor/Priest a few times.

That said, it is rare for a church to not need some extra $$--an offering of any amount would be appreciated, I am sure!! 

First time Momma to be! Due April 5th!
  • We were also new members at the time and couldn't really attend on a regular basis because DH was in law school and working full time. So we felt like we should make a donation that we could afford since we weren't giving every week. That said though, we also made a donation to the church where we got married.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• We did 50.00 for dd, after asking around that was the standard amount at the time.  The form we have to fill out in our parish is actually a large envelope.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Huh. I never thought about it.

It was never mentioned (nor has anyone in my family ever mentioned a donation given), when dd was baptised. I'm pretty sure it's rare for our church members to do that.

It make sense, though. I think when we got married, our church suggested a $25 donation for janitorial fees (for members) and said it would have been around $100 for nonmembers.

Interesting question...now I might have to ask around a bit.

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"