Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Clingy at the Gym Child Care

I have a 15 month old son. Having clingy issues when I drop him off at the gym daycare. He does great when playing with other kids at our house, family gatherings, etc. But when it comes to the drop off daycare at the gym, he insists on being held by the staff and wont get down and play. Any ideas why this would be? He doesn't get upset when I drop him off, typically.  He does get super excited and sometimes cries when I come to pick him up though after my workout. 99% of the time the staff say he wont get down and play and insists on being held. I dont get it. When we are other places, he hates being held!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clingy at the Gym Child Care

• Options

My DD went through something similar to this when we first started going to the gym. Eventually, she realized that she could have fun there if she got down and played. Now she's fine there, but there were a few days where I didn't know if we should continue.

Did you just start going there or has it been a long time? Maybe you could try to stay there with your LO for 5 minutes and encourage him to look at the toys, play with the kids, etc. Maybe that could reset his outlook.

I know it's frustrating. Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    We go to the gym EVERY day and ds had about a 2 month phase of crying the whole time I was gone but I kept it consistent and he has since moved on and jumps down when we get there and does great, hang In there
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a 2.5 month period where DH did this at daycare. My child is not advanced in anyone, except apparently separation anxiety. He had it from 12.5- almost 15 months, but the other kids in his class are just now showing signs.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well yesterday he got down and played for a few minutes. Which is good. He never gets upset when I drop him off and he even reaches for the staff but he insists on being held still.  But we've been going since August so he's had plenty of time to adjust which has. Why he needs to be held by an adult even though there are toys everywhere I dont quite understand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"