1st Trimester

First Pregnancy Miscarriage Worries

I recently found out I am pregnant (about 5 weeks along -- maybe 6-7) and my first pre-natal appointment is on 1/25/13. My mother had 3 miscarriages when trying to get pregnant and now I am paranoid about having a miscarriage before or shortly after my appointment.

I am probably being irrational but it's very scary to think about (we have been trying to get pregnant for almost 9 months) and I can't help but think it will happen to me (even though I know that no two pregnancies are alike). Any tips to get this off my mind?

Re: First Pregnancy Miscarriage Worries

• I'm having he same fears. They come and go. I just try to keep myself as busy as possible and staying off the Internet!!! My fingers seem to have a mind of heir own on google! Good luck and congrats! 

• imagelindsayl88:

I recently found out I am pregnant (about 5 weeks along -- maybe 6-7) and my first pre-natal appointment is on 1/25/13. My mother had 3 miscarriages when trying to get pregnant and now I am paranoid about having a miscarriage before or shortly after my appointment.

I am probably being irrational but it's very scary to think about (we have been trying to get pregnant for almost 9 months) and I can't help but think it will happen to me (even though I know that no two pregnancies are alike). Any tips to get this off my mind?

Don't borrow trouble. If it were to happen to you, it will forever change your outlook.  So, don't do it to yourself prematurely. Just keep reminding yourself that today you are pregnant and everything else is out of your control anyway. Your worry won't prevent it if it's going to happen anyway. So, pour your energy into loving that little baby starting right now and try to push away the negative thoughts. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have any tips to get this off your mind...because I'm preggo 3 years after having a miscarriage and I think about it everyday.  I guess you just have to realize that yes, it could happen, but worrying about it won't help anything.  You need to be as stress free as possible now anyway.  Enjoy each day and keep picturing your baby growing stronger each day.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMomof2hopingfor3:
    imagelindsayl88:

Don't borrow trouble. If it were to happen to you, it will forever change your outlook.  So, don't do it to yourself prematurely. Just keep reminding yourself that today you are pregnant and everything else is out of your control anyway. Your worry won't prevent it if it's going to happen anyway. So, pour your energy into loving that little baby starting right now and try to push away the negative thoughts. 

great advice! 

• I was the Same way especially since DH told everyone right away he was too excited. Honestly I banned myself from the bump and all other pregnancy related websites until after my dating ultrasound at 8 weeks when we saw the heartbeat. I kept reading about all the miscarriage posts and would freak out and think it was happening to me with every little ache and when I did have spotting which in most cases is normal. I still get nervous before before every appt but not like it was int he beginning. I did buy the Mayo Clinic book to read up on each week and they have a great chart for symptoms and when to call your doctor.

• I have no advise, but have been struggling with the same feelings. I am 9 weeks, have my first OB appt on 1/18/13. My husband and I have been trying for the past 2yrs and now that it is here! I'm so afraid to be fully excited. What is something is wrong, what if this is a chemical pregnancy only. It does not help that I work for time as a full PA in an ER, the majority of pregnant woman I see are miscarrying. SIGH!

I feel your worries! Here it to positive thinking and happy healthy pregnancy!

• imagemsspeedymarie:
    at least now I know I can get pregnant

I hate when people say that. I had a woman who also suffered from infertility tell me after my mc "I wish I was able to say that I had a mc so at least I was able to get pregnant". I thought that was completely uncalled for and insane.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"