3rd Trimester

Belly Bandit. Worth the money?

I've heard a lot about people buying the belly bandit or bands like it and wearing them 6-8 weeks after birth to help tighten abdominal muscles.  Does it really work? Or is it one of those things that is all hype?
BabyFetus Ticker image Anniversary FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family

Re: Belly Bandit. Worth the money?

• numerous friends of mine swear by it so I am definitely going to give it a shot.  2 who had C-sections said it helped relieve the pain by supporting their belly

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Was wondering this as well! I'm having my RCS on Feb 6th and I was so bummed I didn't get one last time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    June 2010-April 2012: Lots of trying, chlomid, gonal-f, with triggers, without, IUI's and tons of BFNs
    May2012: Letrozole + IUI = BFP!!!! Due 2/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I liked mine. I went out and bought the small after a week bc the medium was too big so i think it helped. . It actually was uncomfortable at times, I wouldn't say I wore it for comfort but to shrink my stomach faster. I ended up with a c section so I do think it helped ... But who knows ... either way I will be using it again :
  • I used the Belly Bandit after I had DD. I liked the extra support and I feel like it did help tighten my stomach afterwards. I agree with PP that it isn't super comfortable though. It never really stayed in place for me and would always ride up. I might try a different brand this time.
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• I bought one after it was recommended to me by some friends who had recently given birth. I ended up having an emergency c-section a little over a week ago and I started wearing the band when I left the hospital 3 days post-surgery. I love it. I totally feel supported and I find that I can move around easier when I'm wearing it. I had an allergic reaction to medical adhesives used during my surgery that has left a rash on my tummy, so it gets a little uncomfortable after wearing it most of the day so I take it off. 

I would recommend it and think it would help even with a vaginal delivery.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've heard they're not worth it and I think the pressure around my belly would actually be uncomfortable to me.  I didn't use one for a c-sec last time and I was fine.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I purchased the bamboo fiber option after my c-section, loved it. It was breathable, soft and comfortable. I would suggest buying 2 different sizes, you will be surprised how fast it helps shrink your abdomen. If you have a section the hospital will usually give you an abdominal binder to take home, but they are very bulky and itchy IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"